Sonic Electronix

Jl 1000/1 & 2 pioneer ts-w3001d4 competition Pro subs

• 1 month later...

I wired them as you recommended @ 4ohm after reading the jl 1000/1 manual it says it has 2 speaker wiring  terminals to help with wiring but essentially it's a 1 channel amp so am I right in thinking this:

plug 1 MINUS to the other coils PLUS and the remaining plus & minus plug to the box terminals and the to the amp on 1 speaker terminal and same for the other sub onto the remaining terminal

Screenshot_20220318-094955_Gallery.jpg

13 hours ago, Jay1182 said:

I wired them as you recommended but it wasn't hitting hard at all at 4ohm so then I researched further then a mate recommended something else

so  wired a single coil from each sub into the jl1000/1 it drops so much better than 4ohm Thank you

So what do you make of getting better results from wiring to 2 ohm instead of 4 a constant power (1.5-4 ohm) amplifier?

Counterfeit amp maybe?

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/18/2021 at 9:28 PM, Dafaseles said:

That amplifier won't play below 1.3 ohms unfortunately, so with dual 4 ohm subs, you can only wire them to 8 ohm so the amplifier will see a final 4 ohm impedance

Screenshot_20211218-132807_Samsung Internet.jpg

I wired them as you recommended @ 4ohm after reading the jl 1000/1 manual it says it has 2 speaker wiring  terminals to help with wiring but essentially it's a 1 channel amp so am I right in thinking this:

plug 1 MINUS to the other coils PLUS and the remaining plus & minus plug to the box terminals and the to the amp on 1 speaker terminal and same for the other sub onto the remaining terminal

Screenshot_20220318-094955_Gallery.jpg

Archived