component speakers

Hey guys I have handful of questions for you. So I'm working on my first legit system and I am going to have two 15s on 6000watts (two Taramps smart 3ks). I ordered two sets of deaf bounce Arnolds 6.5s (2 in each front door) so how many tweeters will I need? Also is it absolutely necessary I get a DSP?? Then what would be an acceptable amp for the 6.5s and tweeters? Are bass blockers necessary too for the tweeters as well? 

If you get a 4 channel amplifier that is capable of bandpass crossovers, you don't need a DSP. Such as a Cresendo S4 1822674461_Screenshot_20211224-165755_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.cf4ff3f23929f4906290b442ce241917.jpgdo you see how you can set a HPF and a LPF for the same channel?

Also how you can set the crossovers for channels 1 & 2, then a different set of crossovers for channels 3 & 4? You can wire a set of 6.5's together for channel 1, then the other 2 for channel 2. Then you can use the other 2 channels for the tweeters. 

You don't need to use the S4 specifically, just an amplifier that's capable of what I just explained. 

Depending on what tweeters you decide to use, depends how many you need. It doesn't take as much power to get tweeters loud, so there's a pretty good chance you can get away with just using a single tweeter per door

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

2 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

If you get a 4 channel amplifier that is capable of bandpass crossovers, you don't need a DSP. Such as a Cresendo S4 1822674461_Screenshot_20211224-165755_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.cf4ff3f23929f4906290b442ce241917.jpgdo you see how you can set a HPF and a LPF for the same channel?

Also how you can set the crossovers for channels 1 & 2, then a different set of crossovers for channels 3 & 4? You can wire a set of 6.5's together for channel 1, then the other 2 for channel 2. Then you can use the other 2 channels for the tweeters. 

You don't need to use the S4 specifically, just an amplifier that's capable of what I just explained. 

Depending on what tweeters you decide to use, depends how many you need. It doesn't take as much power to get tweeters loud, so there's a pretty good chance you can get away with just using a single tweeter per door

Thanks!! I’ll def checkout the crescendo amp. It would be nice to have skip the dsp. Might just get one super tweeter for each door and call it a day although I’ve heard super tweeters can be uncomfortably loud

32 minutes ago, Mattc43 said:

Thanks!! I’ll def checkout the crescendo amp. It would be nice to have skip the dsp. Might just get one super tweeter for each door and call it a day although I’ve heard super tweeters can be uncomfortably loud

I had 2 Memphis Audio super tweets in my dash board in my last system. About 75 watts each. They where louder that the 4 w6's! Though you can control all that with the gain on the amp. 

Like I said, it doesn't have to be the S4. There are a lot of amps that have the bandpass crossover function. I was just using it as an example. The S4 does about 220-250 watts per channel at 2 ohm. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived