Second Skin Audio

Looking for the best 8 inch subs

Michael20041

How much do you want to spend? How many do you want to run? How much airspace do you have to give up? Do you have a set amount of power you're looking at to give them? 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

44 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

How much do you want to spend? How many do you want to run? How much airspace do you have to give up? Do you have a set amount of power you're looking at to give them?

Well i want to run 4 in a under seat box and perferably at or over 600 rms each, not sure about the airspace but the model number for the box is gmec998.4v $350 or lower per sub

Don't forget about the Gately Audio Alpha 8. That thing looks beefy! But honestly, I don't think you could go wrong with any of those selections. 

I don't ferment hope much it is, but I've only heard good things about the SSA F8L sub as well. If I was to use 8's, those would be what I would use. Just my opinion though

18 minutes ago, Michael20041 said:

I was thinking about the sundown x8, dc audio 8, or the skar evl 8 i want around 32 hz

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

55 minutes ago, Michael20041 said:

I was thinking about the sundown x8, dc audio 8, or the skar evl 8 i want around 32 hz

I am not overly impressed by the port area of that gmec998.4v enclosure you mention, if you are going for that enclosure better get it's specs and get the subs that better work on it. For the best performance you need to use a custom enclosure.

9 hours ago, Joe X said:

I am not overly impressed by the port area of that gmec998.4v enclosure you mention, if you are going for that enclosure better get it's specs and get the subs that better work on it. For the best performance you need to use a custom enclosure.

I was thinking on getting that enclosure and putting a round port in it and tune the box to about 32 hz

17 hours ago, Michael20041 said:

I was thinking on getting that enclosure and putting a round port in it and tune the box to about 32 hz

The airspace that such port would use inside a box would reduce the compression chamber leaving the subs in an off spec box.

Archived