Second Skin Audio

Need Some Guidance Deciding On Subs

i believe out of the 3 the type x will have the best sq provided install is done right but also will be #3 in loudness..its not really meant to be loud more sq..i would go with the fi Q if you go with that punch amp since it does about 2900 watts and if you get the bp option on the q they can handle around 1400 watts daily where has the trash is made to handle 900-1000 watts only..so my votes go for the FI Q

a Q can take 1400 stock, i can run a sundown 1500d on an trash so know your information before you tell incorrect information

q cause the trash might not agree with the extra 3-400w the rf will make on a good electrical

id get rid of the alpine in the mix, type x isnt enjoyed by most as much as they thought it would

because youve messed with an trash and know that they might not be able to handle it lol

the Type X sounds decent but isnt even in the same class as the others loudness wise. If i was going to waste money on a Alpine Type X i would rather run an ID Max

James, haven't you tested all off these subs? Other than the *** doing better on the lower frequencies, does either one really do anything better than the other or is it pretty much a toss up? It seems like they are pretty even as far as price and power handling. Is there any big difference sound wise?

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6Goldwood GW-S650/4 6.5sEA 200a alt2009 Lancer GTSStock jtte2o.gif

the Q is a little louder then the *** on higher sub freqs. the *** sems to like the lows better though pretty much buy what you like with the 2 imo.

where the hell did i say the q cant take 1400 watts stock? get some glasses old man..sure you can run a 1500 d all day long all the fool has to do is set his gains accordingly and call it a day :rolleyes:

where the hell did i say the q cant take 1400 watts stock? get some glasses old man..sure you can run a 1500 d all day long all the fool has to do is set his gains accordingly and call it a day :rolleyes:

your wording states the trash was MADE for 900-1000 watts so i clarified its handling, as for the Q you told him to get bp power when its not needed

your wording states the trash was MADE for 900-1000 watts so i clarified its handling, as for the Q you told him to get bp power when its not needed

the bp also helps with cooling not just adding more power and i really wouldnt suggest throwing 1400 watts into a stock q for a long period of time