Sonic Electronix

Can I rebuild my sundown zv4

Hey just looking to get opinions on what happend to my zv4 15” and what I should do it looks like my basket is still good not broken no crack and the bolts are intact but the whole basket moves up and down on top of the vent spacer that’s on top of the magnet I can’t afford a new sub so I’m hoping this can be fixed but I also can’t find anyone that could fix it and knows what’s going on with it. If anyone has useful info about this please leave a comment thank you!

A36DB93C-73F8-43C2-9FC2-217EA2E02F9D.jpeg

Well I can tell from looking at it that its directly from Sundown like that, and someone has tried rebuilding it in the past or tried rigging it together before you got it. All that white glue is not factory. So whoever possibly reconed it last didn't screw the bolts in all the way or used bolts that are too long and then tried gluing it and said good enough.

It can be fixed by being reconed and having the bolts tightened or the correct ones installed. Its a really simple fix if you know how to do a recone, if you don't then don't attempt it because if you mess up you just threw your money out the window and have to order another recone.

If you were closer I could fix it, but it looks like you're in FL, so your best bet would be to contact Apex Audio in NC, they do a lot of recones, refurb, and custom built Sundown subs. They are located in the same building as Sundown but it is a completely different company with different owner(s) than Sundown.
Here is their facebook
https://www.facebook.com/caraudiobargain

47 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

Or am i high?

Screenshot_20220417-083751_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8936f08b745e8008a82bda6e4cd15d89.jpg

You're definitely high, just a reflection from the flash. These baskets don't break. They are like 20lbs alone! People even cut out spokes for more of a free flow for spl purposes and they are still strong af!! I nearly shit my pants the first time I had a TC 18 basket and the Sundown 18 frame side by side. They chunnnnnnnnnky

Archived