Second Skin Audio

American Bass Xmax 15 & Taramps HD8k

jmanjr82

As the title says I have a single AB 15 Xmax D1 on a Taramps HD8k 2ohm model. I have 3 limitless 15ah batteries plus the stock battery and stock alt. My question is what is an optimal enclosure? I found nothing on these subs and nothing came with the sub for box specs?! I am currently using a gamely box don't know exact specs, but I will get them soon. At higher volume it kind of sounds like the sub is unloading, everything was set using a DD1+. If you need other information feel free to ask and I will get that info. I am thinking the box is too big for the power I am using.

The enclosure can be 3.5 net tuned to 32-35 Hz with at least 60 square inches of port area for that sub on rated power.

You should set your high pass filter to 3/4 of the box tuning frequency or if you don't know the tuning set it to 28Hz.

That should do it.

Bear in mind though that you are using a stock alt on a 4K system, you need to make sure that the voltage at the amp terminals stays within 12.5-15.5V at all times, even transient voltage dips can cause issues with those FB amps.

Those gately enclosures are available in 3.25 to 4.75 cuft so very different sizes and that amp can source the sub at least twice it's rated power so still plenty of chances of being off balance even if your input voltage is blameless in your testing.

Archived