Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

Alright y’all I have a aftermarket system with head unit with sound stream amp and 1 12 inch sub along with the shitty bose amp that came with truck that you can’t replace in my 2015 Silverado for 4 years now and ran good and all of a sudden I have major static and engine noises and weird noises in all speakers. Replaced ground and power cable to 0 gauge and just replaced location of ground. Replaced RCAs with cheap rcas but just bought professional rcas that should be in the mail tmr to try. I have no idea and about to sell the truck bc I can’t and have no idea what else to try. Send help willing to post cell to talk to somebody I’m desperate!!!

Posted

Disconnect RCAs from your amps, if the noise stops your head unit is sourcing the noise. To make sure you can connect the amps to another signal source like a portable player, if everything is fine you now know where to focus your efforts.

Posted

Thanks for responding. I just tried unplugging the rcas while leaving in headunit from the amp the sound goes away. Also tried unplugging rcas from headunit while leaving in amp the sound also goes away?

Posted

Your head unit has the issue,  try another head unit or other audio source like a portable player, if you can hear clear music without noise look no further.

Posted

When I say sound I mean everything obviously the static noises and music goes away not just the static and engine noises? Just so we’re clear bc about to order stuff lol

Posted

Yes, of course if you disconnect the RCAs music goes away as well but you need to order nothing until you understand exactly what is the problem, try an alternative audio source and make sure it plays without noise.

 

If that goes well you need to examine the head unit and it's installation to find out how the noise is getting in.

 

Definitely don't spend no more until you exactly know what needs to be done, you already spent a bunch of money without getting any results.

Posted

I just tried unplugging the headunit power wire also disconnecting the 16 pin connecter to the headunit at the same time while leaving the rca cables in the headunit and you still can head the static and everything!! Still think headunit is the issue?

Posted

If you shutdown your head unit your amps can't get a turn on signal and will be off. How can you be listening to noise or anything at all?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1556 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...