39 minutes ago, Marchant89 said:

You’ll have to post his numbers once it’s completed and you did a really good job with the build I’m thinking about building one for my friend with my old truck setup

No one should want to move to the bay area 🤣 too expensive, too many damn people 🤣 although I will tell you, building is fun for me. So if you do, I got you bud! 

I will post the numbers if we ever meter it. I'm thinking about buying one of those mini SPL labs meters, but haven't yet. We'll see. 

If you put a plexiglass window in it, just be aware, they're expensive, so don't screw up! To drill the holes in it, you want to buy a very non aggressive bit specifically made for plexiglass. Go slow! We also put water in a water bottle and put a very small hole in it, so as we drilled, it would cool the spot to try and prevent cracking. Maybe it's not necessary, but we just took every precaution we could think of. In preparation, I watched the car audio fab video on YouTube where he installs a plexiglass window. It helped. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

53 minutes ago, Marchant89 said:

Sometimes at least the spl lab mini I have gets a little strange my HC finally shipped I can’t wait I built the box from Houston audio designs and I hit 1db less with 1 15 on 2ohms vs 2 15”s at 1ohm

That's not much of a difference at all. 

I've read good reviews on the mini. I don't know of any other brands to be honest. If there's better, i have no problem going with something else, but I'm not spending $2000+ on the Termlab software and equipment. 🤣 not unless I actually start competing which is highly doubtful

I liked the ease of that ssa but not sure of the accuracy the good thing is say it is off you could find someone to test it and if it’s off you can adjust voltage and dbs but I was impressed with the box big time half the power and half the subs and lost 1db shit I may hit 147+ when I get that hc in at 1ohm on stock alt which will also be upgraded very soon

13 hours ago, Marchant89 said:

I liked the ease of that ssa but not sure of the accuracy the good thing is say it is off you could find someone to test it and if it’s off you can adjust voltage and dbs but I was impressed with the box big time half the power and half the subs and lost 1db shit I may hit 147+ when I get that hc in at 1ohm on stock alt which will also be upgraded very soon

Glad your happy bud! I'm my opinion, the enclosure is the second most important thing, right after the electrical. 

Archived