Second Skin Audio

Aero port location

So I’m going 39” wide height will be 17 but triple baffle so 15.5 I was originally going to put one port on each side but at 39 “ and wanting to be 6” Off each wall both would be right by subwoofer would it be better to stack the 2 ports on top Of each other on one side?

Im assuming you're using the 6 inch ports since they got to be 6 inches away from the wall?
So really if you stack them, you may not even have enough height in the box since the 6 inch diameter is not including the flair which is a bit larger. I think they are 9 inches or a tad over so that puts you at 18 plus inches.
They claim to want at least a port width away from any wall if possible, but they also claim that they can be as little as 1 inch from the wall... 

Yea I’m a little conflicted with this one I’m gunna cut a baffle out as I already have a big ass ports anyway and just draw it out my max width is 39.75 and 18 height I really would my depth will be around 24 but I really don’t want to port on the side as this is going to be in a accord also with Max dimensions won’t have the space 

Sub up port back is not ideal in cars, tried it a few times with blah results.

You really only need half of the port diameter of space on the outside of the box.

So if your 39.75 is max due to the hinges being the limitation alone, and you make your box 39, as long as you got a solid 3 inches on the outside of the 6 inch port you should be fairly ok. I wouldn't think the hinge would block much of the port since they usually are not that big.

Archived