Sonic Electronix

What batteries should I get to power jp83

Well for starters you need to know what your voltage is at the amp before and during the most deep long bass you typically listen to that's going to tax your system. Would also be nice to know your nominal and reactive ohm loads. And lastly how was the hu and amp setup? Gains?

5 hours ago, Jordan638 said:

Right now I have a 390 amp alt ,3 jp lithium batteries, and 3 runs of ofc 0 gauge. I feel like my subs aren’t getting enough power and my voltage drops too low. What else should I need?

You’re running the down4sound lithium as well? I have two lto 6.0s and my voltage drop is identical to your’s almost. I will be selling mine to build a 96ah headway bank. I would look into headway if I was you and sell those d4s batteries

yeah that was what I was thinking because they recharge very fast but they don’t hold that voltage for more than 5 seconds when the bass hits hard. I have 3 of those lto 6.0’s. I got them because they go with stock voltages and pair well with agm. I did go back and look at the specs and those batteries are only 6ah a piece.

Dropping to 12.7 isn't even bad though. Do you know what your alt voltage is? Amperage of the alt at idle? Was the Big 3 done? You said 3 runs of ofc i assume thats the amp positives? What subs? What makes you think your subs are under powered?

My amp clips at 12.5 volts. alt voltage is 14.7. I’ll have to check for amperage at idle. big 3 was done and 3 runs of ofc power and 3 ground to chassis as well. 2 wolfram platinum 18’s both 4Krms a piece so 8k rms in total. What makes me think they are underpowered is they are still barely moving when the amp starts clipping at 12.5 volts.

Archived