Second Skin Audio

DD 612E Slot Port Box Design

Jeremy009

Hey guys, got me a dd 612e (parameters attached) and would really appreciate a custom box design. I know my way around building it.

2 concerns, going to be powered by a ct sounds 900.1 and the vehicle is a nissan tidda sedan. Problem is the trunk is sealed with the exception of a 6"x10" skypass (pic attached). Electrical is good, space is not an issue.

The goal is to throw deep but loud bass out the vehicle as much as possible or a loud daily if you may call it that, not expecting magic but to be very impressive for what it is.

Thanks in advance for any assistance had great luck with boxes from you all and am here for any questions.

Screenshot_20221230-220359_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20220731-150654_Chrome.jpg

20220731_142930.jpg

• Jeremy009 changed the title to DD 612E Slot Port Box Design

To use ported, ideally you need to open up your rear deck to let sound waves freely cross into your cabin.

If you just want to use ski hole you will need to build a 4th order bandpass box, the 6x10 opening is enough port area for it, the thing is that the loudest output generally occurs at tuning which is at 40-50Hz while ported gets to be loudest at a frequency of your choosing which can be as low as you want it to be, 4th order bandpass don't work that way unfortunately.

6 hours ago, Joe X said:

To use ported, ideally you need to open up your rear deck to let sound waves freely cross into your cabin.

If you just want to use ski hole you will need to build a 4th order bandpass box, the 6x10 opening is enough port area for it, the thing is that the loudest output generally occurs at tuning which is at 40-50Hz while ported gets to be loudest at a frequency of your choosing which can be as low as you want it to be, 4th order bandpass don't work that way unfortunately.

Sighh thanks for the response joe...still thinking about removing the back seat but, in the case that i do, any recommendations for an ideal ported enclosure for what am trying to accomplish?

You don't usually remove your backseat rather do a custom rear deck, like this:

REAR-DECK.png

With the airspace open you can now use a ported box and it will work just fine.

As far as the box go DD Audio suggested boxes will be loudest with their subs, they are tuned pretty high though, one can tune down a design to get deeper lows at the cost of some overall loudness, more so with DD subs, when you are wanting deep lows is better to pick Sundown X, most SSA subs, to name a couple.

Archived