Sundown Audio

D4sound sub amps

SamW89

• 2 months later...

I haven't heard anything bad about them myself. I have ran the version 1 jp23. I was very happy with the amp. The only problem being it would overheat on hot days.

The new line of amps sold at d4s have the internal fan wired to stay on constantly with amp so they run cooler and don't have the overheating problem. 

I have heard of problems with the Bluetooth bass knobs included with the new line of amps. I guess some have problems with them eventually going out or no longer connecting to the amp. I have seen some people switch it out for a universal bass knob.

This kinda sucks to me the clip indicator light was my favorite feature on these. I listen to a lot of different sourced music some of it being rebassed and I could actively monitor and adjust accordingly with the clip indicator. 

This is the only thing that is currently keeping me from buying the new line of amps. 

On 1/3/2023 at 1:04 PM, SamW89 said:

I've been looking for a Korean amp for my subs and was about to pull the trigger on a Jp63 but I am being told they sound like hammered ass. is this true? I see tons of people running taramps so these amps can't be worse than those can they? 

You need a perfect electrical system to run full bridge amplifiers ( like taramps ) or else those amps will give problems or fail. People buy these amps like crazy because of the price but then, the cost of running a near perfect electrical system is so high that may cost many times what you save on these amps in many cases.

Research the many not so expensive half bridge options out there,

These days almost all amps go through THD tests including the SMD AD-1 which show tested amps doing at least rated power within 1% THD, those test have been performed on the JP amplifiers as well as others. So any amps passing the tests should play reasonably clean and you should not be able to find a night and day difference between them. Sure enough audition before buying whenever possible. Some Taramps units have shown show some barely noticeable background noise when the amp is not playing, many  people can't notice it and these amps have been a success either way.

Edited by Joe X

• 6 months later...
10 hours ago, Chris423 said:

I need help I haven't even hooked my subs up yet it's just my RCA jacks power and ground wire and remote wire as soon as I turn on the remote bass knob the clip light comes on and I'm not getting anything out of anything from the amp idk what I'm doing wrong please help

Make your own thread, disconnect the RCAs and set the amp gain to zero and turn on again, hopefully no clipping will be present, also disconnect the bass knob if you use one.