Second Skin Audio

folded horns?

Ive never had a prob with a tline playing lower than its tunning point, except when useing a higher Qts driver. Low Qts drivers go lower than the tline tunning with easy, if built right... then again, this a Folded horn thread, not a tline thread. Tline is the same, yet different as a horn the line opens at a constant rate, from beggining to end of the line. Tline stays constant from beggining to end of the line.

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

hey bro hows the sound from a t-line? i asked about one a while back but i said i wanted to do sq comps and streetbeat comps and they told me id be better off with a regular ported box

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Well Emp, there is alot of variables. The specs from the speaker- Qts-Qms-Xmax actually helps. And ofcourse t-line design. I have only 1 time been upset with a tline, and it actually wasnt the tline, I just had a very -OUT- OF- SPEC- Very high QMS, and high Qts. It ended up being to punchy. Threw a low Q all across the board sub in it, and it was back to deep constant bass tones with accuracy.

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

hey how much do you think you would charge to build a t-line for a single 12? ... i didnt want to install anything until i got everything but its taking way to long... so i may just put a he2 in a t-tine just to see how it sounds, and experiance it b4 i get my final subs

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

I try to stay away from doing boxes long distance. Local, I do boxes all day. But, Iam starting a tline this weekend, well tonite I started cutting the wood, for a dual 12" tline CRX style for my s-10 blazer. Its going to be 38-40hz tuned, and I will be doing my first SMD tutorial, well, a how to- tline box. I will not go over true dimensions, only because there will be alot of haters, and certain people will not appreciate giving out certain dimensions. But I will go over how its built, theory, and pictures step by step... Iam hopeing to do tons of pics, and this thing should slam good. I will be useing 2- SS Exact 12" subwoofers, and a 250w mono block home plate amp for testing.

BTW, unfortunatley, Iam useing 3/4" Particle Board  haha.... But watch HOW I USE THE Particle Board, the 45s, braceing, ect.

Iam hopeing to have this up by tuesday night.  At the end I will end up selling the box, and subs for only about $400 . Or keep it (depending how loud it gets)

:^ :^ :^ ;) ;)

sundown.jpg