Sonic Electronix

Factory speakers upgrade

Hello all, first I'd like to say this is not a vs thread.

So i pulled out my busted factory speakers and i thinking of dropping in a pair of components just for a front stage.

I got a budget for the jl c1 6.5 or jbl gto 609 or infinity ref 6.5

Now  this will be ran of my headunit (pioneer 80prs) with no amplifier and no Subwoofer in the system. My question is  any hand on experience for which will go low enough but also have a nice balance of highs?

Try the Polk Audio MM6502 for strong midbass. None of these door speakers put out bass, just better or worse midbass,

Strictly speaking no one can own and test the 3 sets you are interested in, so the best way to know is go to a place where you can listen to them or some of them.

From personal experience and from others infinity sets are generally are not the best for midbass.

5 hours ago, Joe X said:

Try the Polk Audio MM6502 for strong midbass. None of these door speakers put out bass, just better or worse midbass,

Strictly speaking no one can own and test the 3 sets you are interested in, so the best way to know is go to a place where you can listen to them or some of them.

From personal experience and from others infinity sets are generally are not the best for midbass.

Those look nice. But there way out of my budget andd its just headunit power i got

Guys. Looking to make the purchase today. Unfortunately, am buying from Amazon, therefore i cant listern before i buy. 

With a budget in mind, i leading towards the jl audio c1 6.5 or the jbl gto609c. Any final thoughts or other recommendations around $100

Remember, only 80prs power for a front stage and no subwoofer 

Archived