Build Log for my 2001 Stratus R/T, New pics and videos 8/21

Just getting started with a total redo of my system, so I figure I'll keep a photo journal.  I'm going for a complete A/V system including a  few screens, and a good street beat setup.

Here's today's project:  semi-flushing in a screen on the passenger's side of my car.  Because of the extreme curve, it couldn't be completely flushed in, I had to curve it some.

Here's the initial process:

Posted Image

Here's the box now that all the construction is done, now I just have to wrap it in carpet and mount the woofer.  I had a little setback, because of all the weight in the trunk of my car, my rear camber is waaaay off, and it's wearing out tires once a month.  I broke down and ordered all new KYB AGX adjustable shocks and struts, Vogtland car audio springs which are made to be stiffer in the back for car audio and a complete camber kit.  I also found a brand new 2004 model Memphis MC1500d and bought it, since it matches my Memphis 4 channel, so I can do a really nice amprack and it should be pretty since both amps will match. 

The dash monitor should be finished up tomorrow, I've got it all smoothed out, and got some textured paint that should be close to matching the factory dash, close enough anyways.  I'll post some pics of it tomorrow when it's finished.

Posted Image

Next project will be the amprack....stay tuned

I would normally be saying "Out with the Old to make room for the New", but that just isn't the case right now.  I took my old box out to help restore some of the camber to try to make these tires last until I get the new suspension done.

Here's the old box and the trusty old MTX 9512, doomed to a life in my office for a couple weeks:

Posted Image

And here's a pic of my next project, when I complete this one.  Of course the important dimensions are withheld to respect Pete's business.

Posted Image

looks great man! what program did you use to draw the box?  ???

Nobody makes me bleed my own blood, NOBODY!!!

Archived