Battery Charging.....

Ok, I'm old school, and I always remember my Dad telling me I had to disconnect the battery from the car and pop the caps before connecting the charger to it.

So with Kinetik batteries. I know they are sealed so no caps, but if I am planning to run a charger in the car to condition them every once in a while, do I have to disconnect them from the car before turning on the charger???

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

You shouldn't have to disconnect the battery. But if you have a standard battery under the hood and a deep cycle in the back, there maybe a problem trying to charge the standard while the deep cycle is still hooked up and viceversa.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

You shouldn't have to disconnect the battery. But if you have a standard battery under the hood and a deep cycle in the back, there maybe a problem trying to charge the standard while the deep cycle is still hooked up and viceversa.

Thanks, It's 2 Kinetik batteries 1400 under the hood and 600 in the hatch. I have seen how everyone recommends 'conditioning' them by hooking a charer up once in a while and how Steve installs the charger into the Hoopty, but did not know how he would disconnect anything for charging.

Is there no danger to the cars factory computer?

So am I correct in thinking that the AGM battery chargers charge these sealed batteries at a much lower amp rating or slower, with them being sealed batteries, as compared to wet batteries?

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Archived