JL C7 Tweeters being run off Focal KX2 Crossover Boxes- will it sound right? good freq cutoff matches?

DAN831111

JL C7 Tweeters being run off Focal KX2 Crossover Boxes- will it sound right? good freq cutoff matches?

I will be using Focal mid speakers for the mids running of the crossover boxes, mainly curious how the tweeters would match. To me I think it should work quite well and sound perfect, please correct me if im wrong

Test it and see if you like the results, if not just go active, one amp for the mids and one for the tweeters, you set the crossover frequency in the amp if supported, if not get a cheap electronic crossover or DSP to select the crossover frequency, The step up in sound quality is fantastic and custom to your personal preference.

Your passive crossover will have to do then. But analog active crossovers are from the 90s and always were and are superior to their passive counterparts, I think you are a little misinformed and you need to try new things at least to see what you actually think. But anyways if you test the stuff you have and like the results then it's all good, let us know how it went.

for me ive had bad experiences with dsp's as i feel the sound was not as strong as having it direct from the headunit, it was an alpine imprint box and the sound was softer, kinda like a bit more muffled, not just softer in db, no matter how i set the eq with or without the imprint box, it always sounded like the direct sound from headunit had not been pumped straight through the imprint box, like overly processed reminds me of the difference between same files in MP3 or FLAC format, the MP3 has had a slightly softer less impact to all the impact sounds and almost like an air sound induced throughout the track if you listen with headphones comparing it to the FLAC and WAV of same track. ANYTHING that adds stuff like this to my setup I avoid like Black Death. 

Archived