Question On Speaker Wire.

today me and someone got into a friendly debate about wire. he said that you have to use the stripped wire on speaker wire as your + lead, i said it does not matter as long as you remember which is + and which is -. i always use the stripped/printed wire for - that way i am sure to remember which is the - lead. he said that i am wrong and other stuff. i just want to ask if he is right or i am. better yet does it even matter which is positive or negative on speaker wire.

----reference's----

meade916

noob. and you were talking about batteries last nite and have no idea about speaker wire? lol

if i dont have a idea what do you have. you did not even answer the question,

----reference's----

meade916

it makes no difference. its just there for you to remember which terminal is which. typically people do hook the stripe up to -.

answer this one. when there is no stripe, and theres only gold and silver, which one goes to which? same thing. just your preference as to which one goes to which

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

thats what i tried to tell him but he said that i was wrong. i have been doing it that way for over 10 years and i never had a issue. he told me the stripe/wording is there because it is supposed to be hooked up to the + terminal

----reference's----

meade916

Reinke i think you were a little to agresive today lol. All he was saying is that when doing wireing in a 12v car envirement, 99% of the time a red striped wire is the hot or + for what ever they are connecting. Physically it does not matter, just because a wire has a stripe does not mean it can only be used as a + wire or it will physically fail. But like i said 99% of the time the red stripe is posotive bro.

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

so you were debating about the little black stripe on the wire shield? its just an indicator, wire is wire it doesnt matter what the color or design is

thats what i tried to tell him but he said that i was wrong. i have been doing it that way for over 10 years and i never had a issue. he told me the stripe/wording is there because it is supposed to be hooked up to the + terminal

thats the way you been doing it sins you were 12?

Archived