Bad News About Stinger Batteries And High Voltage,mla Opinions Please

Jon,

Our batteries can only handle that kind of voltage for short periods of time if you are truly getting that kind of reading at the battery. I would test the input voltage at the battery to verify that you are truly getting these readings, and if so you can either adjust your regulator down, or use different batteries.

Rick Costello

Technical Advisor

www.stingerelectronics.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 10:41 PM

To: Rick Costello

Subject: StingerElectronics.com Consumer Web Request

This is an email request submitted via the Stinger Electronics web site to the Consumer department. Form data follows:

Name: Jon

Phone Number:

Email Address:

Comments: I need to confirm some info about Stinger Power2 Batteries? I have always used Stinger Power2 batteries and need to know about safe voltages. I just built a new charging system that runs at a higher voltage than stock. My altenator gives off an averge charge of 14.9 volts. The details: When the alt is cold it charges at 15.3. When its warm it lowers to 14.9 and stay at that voltage constant. I just want to make sure this is fine before I buy more batteries. Thank you Jon

Know I'm bummed I got to go with a different kind of battey.WTF

Thier instruction manual is a little misleading unless I didn't read it rite.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

it will work dont worry.

its sorta like running a 1 ohm amp at .7. The manufacturer is NEVER going to tell you its ok even if we all know it is.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Shit did'nt expect a response from you man,

Thanks

I stay on the Singer bandwagon then, unless someone wants to push something else on me.

Every body seems to be real happy with the Powermaster stuff.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

I run Odyssey's in mine(Same brand...yours just has a stinger sticker on it :D ) with no problems at all with the MLA module...by the time you factor in voltage drop across the wire and on the terminals...you might not have that 15.3 at the batt anyways.

A half-wit gave you a piece of his mind, and you held on to it.

My Youtube vids...enjoyDC.jpgdcsig-1.jpg2pt8a6w.png

anythings possible with the right build =] we accept visa and mastercard =]

I run Odyssey's in mine(Same brand...yours just has a stinger sticker on it :D ) with no problems at all with the MLA module...by the time you factor in voltage drop across the wire and on the terminals...you might not have that 15.3 at the batt anyways.

Do you know what kind of price difference is on the Odyssey verse Stinger.

Thanks for the info I bet they don't cost as much.

Terryswork001.png

ive been running 2 stinger spv 35s in my van and in the rear of the van where they are they are seeing 15.9v all day every day, while my from interstate deep cycle is seeing 16.1v

and ive ran them like this for about 5 months now and not a single problem

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

Archived