well ive been wondering if i can cut the bottom bag cups.

write know they are three inches tall,

ive been wondering would it be safe to cut an inch off. :unsure:

thus the front would be an inch lower. :P

Edited by cur72tis

Sure can. As long as its your cups and not your suspension thats holding you up and the bag does not rub on the lower control arm. Keep in mind that where the bags are mounted is roughly a 2:1 lift ratio...so if you cut an inch off the cups.....its 2 inches of drop you get...and you lose 2 inches of lift. ;)

A half-wit gave you a piece of his mind, and you held on to it.

My Youtube vids...enjoyDC.jpgdcsig-1.jpg2pt8a6w.png

anythings possible with the right build =] we accept visa and mastercard =]

Sure can. As long as its your cups and not your suspension thats holding you up and the bag does not rub on the lower control arm. Keep in mind that where the bags are mounted is roughly a 2:1 lift ratio...so if you cut an inch off the cups.....its 2 inches of drop you get...and you lose 2 inches of lift. ;)

aight yeah i cut my bump stop brackets off of the lower control arm, giving me enough room so the bag wouldnt rub.

thanks for the info 00sdime00 i will get to cutting and grinding some more

Edited by cur72tis

aight yeah i cut my bump stop brackets off of the lower control arm, giving me enough room so the bag wouldnt rub.

thanks for the info 00sdime00 i will get to cutting and grinding some more

have you tried flipping your ball joints ???? also make sure you are not hitting any thing( ie. fire wall, tie rods ) . older trucks like that should layout pretty flat . what size wheel are you running ?? you might have to go with air ride technologies ART arms to get the correct control arm geometry so you dont get too bad of negative camber. cutting cups should not be your first '' solution '' . be safe , hope it works out for you and you get the stance your after !!!!

Edited by toyonbags

I don't like cups at all, plate in your lower control arm and mount the bag to it if you want to lay all the way out. Use 1/4" or better steel and a drill press to cut the bag bolt hole in the middle. Your bags can touch the plate as long as it is ground flat and doesn't have any jagged edges. My Slam RE6's barely touch the plate and don't show any wear at all. If you still need more drop you can step the lower control arm or get some tubular arms. I haven't used a bag cup in anything in years, any time you use a 22" or bigger wheel you need every bit of drop you can get.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

those things are a bitch to lay out we had to z the frame just infront of the fire wall :(

any way to answer your question. Yes you can cut your cups as long as the bag touches nothing.

Also if you use the plate idea make sure the bag doesn't over hang the plate when aired out and use a rs 7 at least.

sorry about the late response. computer took a shit during the week

i plan on running 20's or 22's

i plan on getting 2" or 2 1/2" drop spindels that will put me 3" or 2 1/2" from laying the front crossmember on the current wheels and tires i have on it (255/70r15) :wacko:

( the truck currentlly sits 5 inches from hitting crossmember )

it is already bagged and still lays 5"s from crossmember on 15" rims, something is not right. you can step the lower control arm two inches and do the 3" spindle if you want to get out easy.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint