Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey community! So, something I've always wondered, and in all these years just sort of winged... what are the best crossover points for amps/headunits? I've always set my sub amps at 80Hz, but have never really known what to set my front stage to? Below is my setup, and have a CC-1 to dial everything in. Just need to know everyone's opinions on best settings:

 

Pioneer 4200NEX headunit

DC Audio - CS2100x1 sub amp

DC Audio - CS1000x4 Highs amp

(3) B2 Audio - Rage v2 8's - wired to 1.3 ohms (Tuned to 35Hz)

DD Audio - CC6.5a - Component set for front stage

DD Audio - X5.25b - Coax for rear fill

 

I haven't dialed the gains in yet on the amps (I have a DD-1), but the gains on the DC amps are up to three quarters, and they're not very loud. I have a feeling that the crossovers I have set on the amps, and the headunit are clashing. I can turn the crossovers off on the headunit, but don't know what to set the amp crossovers too (Don't think these amps have a crossover defeat).

 

My musical taste includes everything from Punk to Pop to Hip Hop, so any help with crossover points would be greatly appreciated. This is in a single cab truck, so the sound doesn't travel far!

Posted

Your 4 channel DC audio amp has a couple of switches set both to the center position that says FULL and the amp crossovers are defeated and you can control the crossover point from the head unit.

 

As for the crossover frequency of your components is the same as the passive crossovers that came with the set, it must say somewhere in the crossover box circuit board or in the manual. If not you can figure it out with a multimeter and playing a tone sweep.

 

Let us know any questions.

Posted

Thanks JoeX, I didn't realize that the "full" settings defeated the amp x-overs. I'll check the manual or reach out to DD to check on the setting. Any thoughts about the subs? Should I use the amps x-over and turn off the HU's? Is 80Hz ok for my setup, or should I adjust? This is super helpful, thanks!

Posted

i set my main crossover points super high, play some hard hitting songs (Bass Mekanik) up real loud and then start lowering the xover point until its too low, then raise it a tad so it doesnt sound like ass

 

and use that same xover point for my sub

 

my car setup is 80hz.  my house setup is 100hz

 

 

Alpine 9887, Oz 180CS, RF R500X1D, 12" RE SE

 

Posted

Thanks for the insight. I'll keep the sub set at 80. Can't wait to test this out!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1514 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...