Jump to content

Welcome to the SMD forum!

aburger

Members
  • Content Count

    203
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

aburger last won the day on November 22 2018

aburger had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

47 Excellent

About aburger

  • Rank
    125db

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Los Angeles, CA
  • Interests
    Mini Trucks, Car Audio, Motion Graphics

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. I agree that 12's will get louder and lower. But I must say that I love my 3 little 8's (soon to be 4 little 8's). In the right enclosure, they can get pretty low and are super punchy which is good for rock and metal, imo. However, if I had the space in my truck, I think I would've gone with 12's.
  2. The box will basically be the same, but instead of carpet, I'm going to sand and paint it. I'm also going to reinforce the mounting bolts on the back of the cab so it's a little more solid. I love the way it sounds, so I really don't want to change much. If I can, I might try and squeeze one more 8 in, but it'll be super tight, so I'll see what I can do. For now I can't do anything until I get the bags installed which will be at least another month or two from now. Just spent the day tearing the whole system out.
  3. Oh, and I know my voltage is crap! Those numbers are with the truck running : ( Next month going to order a new XS battery and Mechman alt. Should improve the voltage greatly!
  4. Finally a shot of it playing! However, ripping it out today...Moving the amps into the center console, and redoing the box. Also taking the truck in to get bagged, so I need to remove the system anyway!
  5. My bigest issue was not thinking and planning out the full project from start to finish. I have a tendency to just start full on something without thinking through the issues. The sleave/flange idea came to me after my second issue with the rubber boot. I was also reading through another post on here and someone mentioned that "one way or another, water always gets in". So I racked my brain and came up with the flange. But I didn't think about mounting the box to the cab, so instead of having the bolts welded directly to the flange before it was welded into the cab, I left it blank and ended up having to remove the bed a couple times and drilling holes through the cab, and the newly welded flange to add the carriage bolts. To be honest, it was a nightmare that could have been avoided if I had planned everything through. Now, I have to remove the entire build, have the holes I drilled sealed up, and have the mounting bolts welded onto the flange so I can reinstall the new box. Like they say, "measure twice, cut once". I would take your time and think about all the little details and have them planned out before you even make the first cut. Good luck, looking forward to seeing what you do.
  6. Thanks man! I started this build in 2007, and I'm hoping to get it done by the end of the year. Would love to see the progress on your Silverado. Don't be nervous, once you make that first cut, it's on, and it's adicting!
  7. That's it for now. I'll get video of the completed interior and of the system playing once I have a chance. As far as changes go, I'm going to build a new box, to the same specs, but cleaner. No carpet, 100% paint, with a trim ring. I'm also going to move the amps to the center consol. As they are now, they restrict my seats going all the way back. It makes the drive very uncomfortable, especially for the passenger. As far as the system goes, it sounds freakin great in my opinion. For my first ported box build, the sound is perfect for my musical taste. I used the CC-1 and DD-1 for dialing in the gains on the amps as well. made a huge difference. I gotta say thanks to @Triticum Agricolam for all the wisdom he threw out. I used his calculator to spec the port, and he always answered my questions when asked. Also thanks to everyone for their info and comments. This is a great community!
  8. And it lives! Added the bass knob and switch for the lights. Also painted the light tan interior pieces to match the dark grey of the rest of the interior. Also included dual volt meters on the A pilar. I definitely need new battery and alt. My voltage never goes above 13.2 with the engine on.
  9. Definitely need a new battery and alt, but wired up the fuse holders in the engine bay. Made a little Plastic mount to keep them out of the way.
  10. Amp install time!!! Another test fit. Subs installed and getting the wiring dialed in. Covered the amp rack in vinyl to match the rest of the interior. Amps are in and wired up. Used Stinger wire ferrules to keep the install pretty clean.
  11. I got new carpet for the cab. It's cheap, but it'll do until I can get custom carpet installed. Time to carpet the front of the box.
  12. With the box in, time to do the amp rack and wiring. I ran the 0 gauge power and ground under the cab, so I didn't have to run it under the carpet inside. There's a chanel on the bottom of the cab that runs the length of the frame. I ran the power wire along that chanel. The ground just ran through the cab to the frame underneath. The Amp rack has a lighted plexi cover in the center to highlight the power and grounding blocks. The rack is similar to my previous build.
×
×
  • Create New...