Pioneer Avic Z2 Hu Noise

UPDATE 2

I pulled the dash bezel to replace a broken ashtray. Didn't touch any wires. Noise is back, repeated everything I have already done, no help. WTF 8P.

Well, at least I got a taste of life with no alt whine.

Sounds like its something with the HU chassis

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

• 1 month later...

Have tried EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!! Currently have an antenna noise filter ( Charger has a POWERED glass antenna, not a POWER antenna), noise filter on power to deck, which has power and ground all of the way from the trunk from the 1 gauge distribution blocks (power and ground). Have tried 2 sets of rca's, run inside the car, outside, over the river and through the woods. With and without rca noise filters. It is not induction through the rca cables. It is NOT the amp. If I have the deck on, rca's diconnected from the deck, but the rest of the system hooked up, the interference from the deck radiates to the unplugged rca's and the noise comes through. Have grounded the chassis, the negative shield of my rca outs ( all 3 pairs). Still have whine. I really don't drive it much, since it is my wife's daily driver.

However, I have plans to pull the entire system out and totally upgrade to different everything. Going to make some glass enclosures for both sides of the trunk (going from one 10 to 2 12's). Going to go from a pair of BA SPZ60's up front to CDT Gold 3 ways. Plus, the car will be going from around 1100 watts to at least 3000. Haven't worked out all of the details, but I have a trip to Tahiti and a house to paint and other fiberglass kicks and sub enclosure and ....................................................well, it is a long term, gonna happen someday project. But the damned whine!! Zapco seems to be in my future....

• 2 weeks later...

try to see if a friend will let u barrow another headunit and try that, that one might be shit, my friend useto have a pioneer premire d6 (the one after the 9800) and she had rca whine and my buddy put in his headunit and it went away, maby somethings shorted out in the headunit, and when u take the radio back out can u show pics of were u grounded ur rca's? was it to the headunit ground like the black wire or so? i'll pull mine out someday and show how mine is, the reason i kno this works is my friend who runs a shop said that a guy that put in a sq system had everything installed and went to drive the car out of the garadge and once he cranked up the car he got mad engine wine and he done that ground the rcas and it fixed it all and mines like that now and i aint got a prob at all, and how many rcas u got? like 2 sets, mids n highs and sub? or somethin else, cause when i was puttin a system in my geo i had everything all nice n neat n shit and i went to set everything and i got bad engine noise and i tryed everything and it was a bad rca down the side of the car were the power wire was, i got kicker shelded rcas and stinger shelded rcas and it works just fine, ive tryed every noise filter i could find and they didn't work, but by the rcas is the sound comein from the sub or the mids n highs and are tehy ran from a seperate amp or the headunit? if not ied just call pioneer and ask them u might have a defect headunit, but next thing to try is just unhook ur headunit, and put another one in its place without rippin shit out and see if that fixs it, hope this helps man and goodluck with what ur doin

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Archived