'98 Chevy Blazer Build *bat Is In, Vid Of It All Up And Running*

so i finaly got off my lazy a$$ and got building my box today and completing the big three for my system i'm working on. i'm not very skilled and my tools are limited. Money is tight. i'm waiting to buy my amps still because well i'm a highschool student with a job i don't get much money for yet i love it and can't quit.

ok, enough crying lol, heres whats going in Da Blaze:

2 15" DC lvl 4's dual 2 ohm

2 Crunch GP1500D amps

a set of 6.5 hifonics components

a set of 5.25 hifonics coxals

Jensen 400w 4 channel amp

Power Acoustik HU(can't remember what one)

Hooker 1/0 power and ground

Kinetik HC2400

Rockford 4gauge

8 gauge speaker wire

My box is 6.5 cubic feet and i'll have 4 4" aero ports tuned 32 hz.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

O Yes, Look who live next to me..... na, he is a cool guy. i watched his house for a few months, i parked my car in his driveway and mowed, and he gave me $200 bucks to spend at best buy for my car. lol didn't do that lets say.

Posted Image

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and o yes, my golf clubs still fit in back, the most important part when i was planning this build

Posted Image

Ok, I have one of my ports now and three are on order, i plan on glassing them into place and so i can get a nice and smooth look to it. i am going to be doing Resin 45's on every interior corner and i'm finishing this box with a brush-on bedliner because i don't like to carpet boxes anymore, i'm tired of them, everyone has them here in my town and i don't want people to think i have a pre-fab box. haha

Bills

KwB

should pound hard bro. those DCs look beastly

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

good start and good product choice. for not being skilled as you said oyu made some damn nice cuts with that jigsaw. im glad to see i am not the only one that does not use a router and jasper jig. i have a brand new router but, not bits, and nothing for it at all.

----reference's----

meade916

they part i'm boing to have the most trouble with i think is the Resin 45's. never used resin before, oya, and the fiberglassing the portsto make it all smooth. but i have to wait a week and a half for that, family vacation to Arkansas and we leave on wednesday so i wanna get asmuch done as i can. I'd buy a router but i don't have the money. but thanks, i'll try and get alot more done today.

Bills

KwB

45's do little to no improvement in a box. so you could save that resin for other things, especially if you're tight on money

EDIT: good lookin box btw ;) with limited tools it looks a lot nicer than some boxes you see

so should i cauk my corners then? since i won't be using the resin to seal the corners and do the 45?

I do have plenty of resin and i'm not that tight on money that i can't go get another can, i got my can for like ten bucks. i just need to be sure i have a good seal on the box and the glue or cauk just can't be trusted by me, haha

Bills

KwB

those lvl 4's are rated for 1000 wats. so 1200 a peice i think would work nicely, but thtats just me. haha, well, ljust got my buss bars in place. waiting on some spraypaint for them., doing some resin stuff just to seal the box, seems like its going to take forever. haha i'll try and get some pics up in the next hour./

Bills

KwB

progress i've made this morning, i'm working on my second corner of 12 with the resin, just a lil and i should have some leftPosted Image

my buss bars, i'm going out after lunch or so to get the paint to pait the wood and inside of the box.

Posted Image

what i did and am still doing when i need to let somthing dry, or cure, work on the boat and get ready for Arkansas.

Posted Image

KwB

Archived