Dual hi output or bigger yinlong bank

Hey guys I have an 07 Cadillac escalade with a cpillar flat wall. 4 avatar stu 1546 subs on 2 taramps md12k. They are the 1 ohm version wired at .07. I have dual atl setup up front. Stock alt for just cranking the truck and an apex 320 running xs power 120ah yinlong bank. They are completely separate so the apex can charge at 15.2. My issue is when I really get on my bass the voltage will drop from 14.8-9 to 12.5-8 at full tilt. My question is do I add maybe 80ah more bank or do I take out factory alt and add another apex? Only downside is the escalade has that rvc crap that turns down the voltage through the computer. 

I don't know the exact current draw when you are playing your system hard but those two amps together are capable of more than 1000 amps of current draw on music, let alone sinewave and you can only source at most 320 +120 = 440A, you should add both alternator and battery power to match your needs. Good thing your voltage doesn't drop below 12.5 or you would be having issues with the full bridge amps.

Edited by Joe X

23 hours ago, Joe X said:

I don't know the exact current draw when you are playing your system hard but those two amps together are capable of more than 1000 amps of current draw on music, let alone sinewave and you can only source at most 320 +120 = 440A, you should add both alternator and battery power to match your needs. Good thing your voltage doesn't drop below 12.5 or you would be having issues with the full bridge amps.

Okay with that being said which one would you buy and start with first. I can't afford to do both at the same time. The 80ah bank would cost me about 850-900. The apex alternator would cost my about 399 with the bypass plug I need. 

If the alternator upgrade will not cause any issues to your vehicle I would definitely go for that bearing in mind that you should play your system with the car on for the most part, you really don't have enough capacity to play on batteries for now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2023 at 10:21 PM, Joe X said:

I don't know the exact current draw when you are playing your system hard but those two amps together are capable of more than 1000 amps of current draw on music, let alone sinewave and you can only source at most 320 +120 = 440A, you should add both alternator and battery power to match your needs. Good thing your voltage doesn't drop below

On 6/14/2023 at 3:44 PM, Joe X said:

If the alternator upgrade will not cause any issues to your vehicle I would definitely go for that bearing in mind that you should play your system with the car on for the most part, you really don't have enough capacity to play on batteries for now.

Yea I'm sorry joe x. I been sort swampedwith work and I'm just getting around to Cheviot the forum. 12.5 or you would be having issues with the full bridge amps.

On 6/14/2023 at 3:44 PM, Joe X said:

Sorry couldn't figure out the phone. Like I say I been swamped at work and I'm just checking the forums. I have an apex 320 alt ordered so I'm going to see if that will help hold a steady voltage and I'm going to add more grounds in the back. So that will be 2 2/0 power from each alt and 1 2/0 grounds from each alt going all the way back. And then I have 3 frame grounds going to the lithium bank