How would I use my new DD1 with my LOC PRO

Hey guys new to this page digg'n it so far, thanks for all the help and info as well. But now that I'm finally getting my DD1 on Saturday I want to use it on my wife car 2023 Subara legacy, I did the LOC PRO and a loaded Rockford Fosgate P2 12'' with a 300watt amp inside of box, is there any video or some help I can get? Thanks, and again sorry new to site but, give me a little time and I'll be up to speed with this page.

Find the volume level at which your head unit clips and never use at that level, the hard part is going to be finding clipping at the output of the amp since it is inside the box to set your gain properly, you would need to open the box and setup the amp gain that way, very impractical.

Thanks for the help on this one..

Did it work?

Chances are a lot of these LOC boxes just add constant distortion right off the bat to the signal with minimal to no volume and no matter what level you have the gains adjusted on the LOCs so you will never get a clean reading.

Your best bet would be to find the maximum volume level of the factory radio using the speaker wires you will use to tap into the LOC with (without the LOC hooked up) just so you know you have a solid accurate reading.

Then go ahead and hook up the LOC and use the DD-1 on the rca outputs of the LOC, turn the radio up to the the volume that you just previously found with 0 gain settings on the LOC and slowly turn them up until distortion is reached (that is if it doesn't show instant distortion).
If all is still good with no distortion find the max on the LOC, then hook up the DD-1 to the amplifier and slowly turn the gain from 0 up to distortion.

This is really the best way to go about it, sure it is a few more steps but this way your checking all the bases to ensure it's a good signal at every step of the line when you have multiple adjustments that can be made.
If you have distortion right away from the LOC then I would invest in a better LOC, not all of them are poor quality but a lot of them are.
I know Meade has done a few videos on the cheap ones that just constantly output pure distortion making the DD-1 useless because there is no way around it, but he also done a video on quality ones that are good to use. I think Kicker made a halfway decent one that was under $30. 
I personally love the AudioControl LC2i and are my gotos for simple single sub amp installs as they offer a little more adjustment and the ability to run a remote bass knob on the newer ones but they are typically $90-120