Second Skin Audio

Box design help

So I have a CT Sounds Tropo XL 12 D2 on its was from the sale and would love if a box design wizard could help with a box design. I'd like one with a 2cuft net size, slot ported, sub and port on the front face tuned to 32hz, double baffle not recessed. Max size I'm willing to give up would be 40w X 16h X 10d. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks.

If you are using 3/4" wood, that ask is physically impossible to achieve. Either give up more room or drop the double baffle. I used your given max space and using every bit of it without the double baffle barely gets you there... barely.

Edited by ChevyBoy95

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

On 9/4/2023 at 9:40 PM, ChevyBoy95 said:

If you are using 3/4" wood, that ask is physically impossible to achieve. Either give up more room or drop the double baffle. I used your given max space and using every bit of it without the double baffle barely gets you there... barely.

Thanks. I've been running numbers and something more like 32x15x15 ish is what I'd like to keep it around.

So here is a suggestion, power: to sub(s) rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 2 1/4", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

NOTE: box ideally suited for sedan / hatchback

lst.png

1x12-SFPF-DB.png

Edited by Joe X

15 hours ago, Joe X said:

So here is a suggestion, power: to sub(s) rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 2 1/4", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

NOTE: box ideally suited for sedan / hatchback

lst.png

1x12-SFPF-DB.png

Thanks Joe! I saw your note, would there be any issues in an SUV? I should have said it in my post, it's going into an 06 Trailblazer.

16 hours ago, Joe X said:

A single 12" sub is too small of a setup for an SUV, to improve performance, the box should fire back and be close to the rear gate.

To me a couple of 15s in a subs up /port back configuration should be minimum in such vehicles to get decently loud.

Understood. If I had a Tahoe I'd definately do that route, but a TB is much smaller. Also, I'm not going to SPL or any kind of a crazy loud system, just a nice clean system that provides some good low end.

If what you want is some low end AND not to have a bass less system your setup will probably do.. or maybe you will be back as it often happens. I always suggest people to get a large enough system for the vehicle in question mostly to help avoid them go multiple upgrade cycles which are more costly in the long run.

Edited by Joe X