Second Skin Audio

Sundown xv3 12

So I got a xv3 single sub hooked up to a  3000 watts amp did a box internally over 4 square ft with 1 and a quarter inch wide 8

inches long port no fancy port just cut spare optima battery I got 4 gauge wire doing the big3 on my 07 chey truck using 3/4 plywood it sound good when i plug up the cut of a port sounds nicer if it were non ported any ideas on box or how i can get this thing to hit any ideas that can help.BOX spec's 24 3/4 long
19 1/2 wide
21 1/2 tall 

17024849621393959236220703546943.jpg

17024849900062282926594239108740.jpg

Screenshot_20231213-135623.png

Screenshot_20231213-140029.png

Edited by Jaym
Photo

5 hours ago, Jaym said:

So I got a xv3 single sub hooked up to a  3000 watts amp did a box internally almost 4 square ft with 1 and a quarter inch wide 6 inches long port no fancy port just cut spare optima battery I got 4 gauge wire doing the big3 on my 07 chey truck using 3/4 plywood it sound good when i plug up the cut of a port sounds nicer if it were non ported any ideas on box or how i can get this thing to hit any ideas that can help

Your box is completely wrong and the reason it doesn't get that loud, go to sundown website and use one of their box designs or if the dimensions are not suitable ask here for one that is.

Also you may need an aftermarket alternator if you use the sub continuously at loud level.

That box is too big for the sub and with that hole you made it just makes it worse, you could damage the suspension of your sub if you push a lot of power to it, also placing the amp on the box can damage the amp due to vibration. You make an amp rack to place your amp away from vibration.

So I'm using this lil set up for now I'm trying to experiment with boxes that's why budget is real tight saving for 6 18's.this set up is going to jump two more vehicles and space is no issue so that's why im trying to get as loud as possible like a though in system for SUV s 

Well let's say the amp rack is not a primary concern, your box size is so large you could two of those subs instead of one to be on spec. by not having a port you are missing half the output your sub potentially have. The hole you did is just making the sub to work almost like there was no enclosure.

On 12/17/2023 at 7:07 PM, Joe X said:

So I went with some what to spec's 1.7 and 2.5 cubic feet is sundowns recommend specs I went 2.1 sounds nice you can hear ok bass from all types of music but the old box was hitting those lows nicely do you have measurements of a enclosure and a type of enclosure that would make it slam and thanks for the help 🤙