Second Skin Audio

Taramps Hd3000??

6 hours ago, Joe X said:

Let us know what you chose and how it went, I have to say that I held in better regard those JP amps, there's also widespread reports of insane overheating with some of them.

Think I'm just gonna grab a cab45v2. Enuff power for what I need at 2ohms. Just back to figuring out where to mount the damn thing. The JP was small enuff it went nicely behind my seat. Trying to keep underseat open as I'd like to put a storage box under it. May not happen. Now my minds on a custom center console to keep a full back seat. Extended cab trucks are a PITA for decent bass if you wanna keep the back seat at least.

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

Yes that was the one to get (didn't know about the V2) will be much better off than with a full bridge, except for the size, let us know how you got it done, don't know if a seat lift can help making room for all the stuff you want there and the amp. Also hopefully you don't get another D1 sub by itself and save yourself from some headaches.

• Thanks (+1 Rep) 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/18/2023 at 5:07 AM, Joe X said:

Let us know what you chose and how it went, I have to say that I held in better regard those JP amps, there's also widespread reports of insane overheating with some of them.

so i bought a CAB45V2 , havent mounted it or even hooked it up yet, havent had any time. on side note, the burnt up jp23 got returned to D4S friday, awaiting decision. i forewarned them i had already bought  a replacement amp and if i had to pay for ANYTHING as far as repair or shipping i wasnt going to waste my time sending it back and i would cease to support thier business anymore ( as of the last few months ive spent about $2k with D4S, i know its not much but ive def recomended thier products to customers and spent my share of my personal cash with em) . My main arguement was even wired at .5 ohm it did not go into protect, didnt shut down, just smoked and flamed out. i scratched it pretty good removing it from my truck WHILE on fire inside so i didnt catch my truck on fire....last resort would have been fire extinguisher as they may a very nasty mess that i tried to avoid. will update with thier decision and have a shiny new jp23v2 for sale most likely.

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

6 hours ago, ehall8702 said:

so i bought a CAB45V2 , havent mounted it or even hooked it up yet, havent had any time. on side note, the burnt up jp23 got returned to D4S friday, awaiting decision. i forewarned them i had already bought  a replacement amp and if i had to pay for ANYTHING as far as repair or shipping i wasnt going to waste my time sending it back and i would cease to support thier business anymore ( as of the last few months ive spent about $2k with D4S, i know its not much but ive def recomended thier products to customers and spent my share of my personal cash with em) . My main arguement was even wired at .5 ohm it did not go into protect, didnt shut down, just smoked and flamed out. i scratched it pretty good removing it from my truck WHILE on fire inside so i didnt catch my truck on fire....last resort would have been fire extinguisher as they may a very nasty mess that i tried to avoid. will update with thier decision and have a shiny new jp23v2 for sale most likely.

I am thinking that if they offer that 0.5 ohm warranty and you purchased that warranty then you simply had the awesome luck of getting a dud, as you say it didn't even bother to go into protect, I think you will get a replacement amp tested to work well at 0.5, still I would absolutely pass on using the replacement on the same sub and just sell it or keep it for a one ohm setup of the future.

As for the CAB go it should work perfect and cool at 2 ohm.. hopefully, let us know how did you like it besides the annoying size.

• 1 month later...
On 1/7/2024 at 3:51 AM, Joe X said:

I am thinking that if they offer that 0.5 ohm warranty and you purchased that warranty then you simply had the awesome luck of getting a dud, as you say it didn't even bother to go into protect, I think you will get a replacement amp tested to work well at 0.5, still I would absolutely pass on using the replacement on the same sub and just sell it or keep it for a one ohm setup of the future.

As for the CAB go it should work perfect and cool at 2 ohm.. hopefully, let us know how did you like it besides the annoying size.

Never did get back to you guys on what happened. I shipped my burnt up amp back to down for sound. They told me two to three weeks they would repair it and send it back. So 2 months pass and I finally call them and say hey what's up with my amp, he says it didn't ship? I will ship you one tomorrow. I told him I didn't want the amp. Had been replaced and I'd like my money back. He says no money back but I can give you a store credit. I spent 4 days looking through their listings only to see that about 40% of it is even in stock and 40% is being generous. I ended up getting a pair of the mini max. One of four channel one a 1500 watt mono for my wife's truck. They didn't question it but they basically forgot about my amp until I decided to call them out on it. I had emailed about a half dozen times asking about a time frame. They had zero reply. I actually had to call about six times during the day to actually get a hold of anybody. They went good on their side but unfortunately I don't believe I'm going to be spending much money with them in the near future.

Glad to see you finally got everything sorted, I am not surprised you got into trouble with that amp though, it's a radical departure from the V1, V1.5 design, so it's a new architecture, as you know the V1.5 fixed many of the issues of the V1, it is always like that, one should never buy the first revision of a new product, also buying a D1 sub to work alone is problematic as 1 ohm power is so easy to find and inexpensive. Now you have lived through it, I guess your next upgrade will go a little smoother. Certainly hope so. Best of luck.