Pioneer sub enclosure design

This is the owners manual. Can't find ALOT of info but looks like they like small boxes

Screenshot_20231227-221059.png

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

So here is a suggestion, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 1 1/2", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

NOTE: your subwoofer looks beat up and poorly repaired don't push it hard at all.

wM259F9.png

y4qNMs5.jpg

Edited by Joe X

On 12/19/2023 at 3:17 AM, Joe X said:

@Joe X that's not repaired, that's how those older pioneers surrounds were, looks like just the foam/cardboard playing has been removed tho. Crazy how they look when they get sun beat for years they kinda shed layers on the surround, this one isn't near as bad as I've seen some get. That being said , u can clip the piss outta the old pioneers and over dirty power em and they just don't quit, kinda like a cheap ass kicker sub lol. I can't remember any ever really liking playing too low tho. 35 prolly be as low as it's gonna like. Looks like a solid box design tho, still can't believe they like that small of an enclosure tho 

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

3 hours ago, Varcefiro said:

Thanks guys and yes that sub is a beater. My friend had 4 built in a horn enclosure for spl so that had a fair share of licks but surprisingly the suspension is stiff.

The sub will easily play below 35Hz, it is no sundown X but it will still do pretty good, take good care of it setting your subsonic filter properly and not letting it see too much power, place the box near the rear end of your vehicle to play louder.

Edited by Joe X