Jump to content

Budget friendly head unit


Recommended Posts

Posted

What is a good budget friendly head unit to get the most out of a system? I currently have a pioneer deh5600-bt that I feel is not sufficient enough. It seems to clip a little too early. Maybe I’m wrong? I am open to suggestions. 

C-Fizzy, on 01 April 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

Check out my build thread http://www.stevemead...product-page-2/

New build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172646-punkrocks-97-civic-build/

Posted

Most head units clip a bit but you set your amplifier gains so that you get all the output of your system before you reach the volume level at which the head unit clips.

 

While learning to setup your system gains properly (with a DD-1 or a cheap little scope) is what you likely need, it wouldn't hurt to get a modern head unit with a better DAC and higher line level outputs voltage, your really old head unit has only 2 Volt, you can get a 4 volt head unit just by not going for the cheapest bottom of the line head unit and those will still be reasonably inexpensive.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

I have a dd1 and I will set my amp to clipping and then back off until the light turns off. But then when I play music it will clip at that same point. I have to be doing something wrong 

C-Fizzy, on 01 April 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

Check out my build thread http://www.stevemead...product-page-2/

New build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172646-punkrocks-97-civic-build/

Posted

With a small scope you could compare the 0 dB tone with the tracks you have, might explain what you are experiencing.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 901 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...