Jump to content

6.5" Component Speaker jl & jbl


Jeremy009

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys, in a bit of a pickle.

 

So I had a set of JL C1 6.5s and one of the tweets got damaged but that's not the issue. My concern is the woofer. A buddy of mines has a pair of the jbl gto 609c and i really like how they sound. Now, I can simply get another pair off tweeters an all is well with my C1 woofers but I was never really to pleased with the amount of mid bass and overall clarity, response & output of the C1 woofer, but I never had an amplifier hooked up, just off head unit power so am sure they can do plenty better. I am also planning to buy a small amplifier soon.

 

Any advise on or any experience if I should keep the C1s woofer or will I be more pleased with the JBL gtos.

 

https://kh.jbl.com/car-speakers/GTO609C_.html

https://www.jlaudio.com/products/c1-650-car-audio-speakers-c1-speaker-systems-99043

 

Many thanks in advance.

Posted

I've never used the jl, but i used to install the jbl stuff. if you are not planning on putting an amp on them the jbl will still be a good choice. I've installed the gto series both on head unit power and amplified. they do well with head unit power and sound good. adding the amp to them just really increases the volume while maintaining the clarity they have naturally.

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 984 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...