Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

The vehicle I am modding is an Acura TL 2008. I currently have stock 130A alternator and stock battery (I believe slightly higher cca than stock but thats all). I will be replacing the interior speakers with an infinity speaker upgrade set, also replacing stock 250W amp with a 500W MB Quart plug and play amp. I’m going to be adding 2 4 ohm sundown sa12 v2s wired down to 1 ohm (total 2000W RMS) with a monoblock JP23 v1.5 2300W amp. I already know to do all 0 gauge wire with big 3 upgrade. But I’m wondering if my stock alternator and/or battery will not be able to keep up with the power requirements and start having volt drop issues. Theoretically if I compute estimated amount of amps id need with my monoblock amp it comes out to 2300W/12.5V= 184 amps which would exceeds my stock 130 amp. So would it be best to just upgrade to a bigger alternator and call it a day? Or should I also get an additional battery? Any recommendations on either or?  I’m pretty new to car audio so please go easy if I missed anything.

Posted

Actual numbers depend a lot of usage, you need to factor in amplifier efficiency, mids and highs amp and car services, if you use frequently your system at high volume (only daily, not for competitions) a 220A alternator, obviously you will need to have subs that can take the full amp power, you should also upgrade the battery to deep cycle, your battery needs also depend on how much you usually listen with your car off and how much time you drive your car everyday.

 

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 964 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...