So,

My damn remote stopped working.

Here is the scenario.

Remote works fine in the morning yesterday and at lunch.

I leave school to head to Vocation and it still works.

It still works when I leave Arby's for lunch.

I get to my VOC Center and get out of my Bronco.

I hit the lock button and it still works.

My buddy pulls next to my truck bumping and the pre-warn sensor goes off and my remote beeps.

I go to hit the unlcok button and it gives me the no signal beep.

I give it a second and hit it again.

Nothing.

I had to touch the remote to the windsheild to get it to work.

So I lock it again to be safe.

My buddy goes to lock his and he has the same problem.

It stopped working.

Except he only had to get within a few feet for it to work.

I go to leave and the same problem.

I get home and put a new battery in the remote.

Still doesn't help.

I reprogram the remote back in to the alarm and still.

I checked all of my antenna wires and the plugs.

They have solid connections.

The remote still recieves warnings from the alarm when a pre-warn sensor goes off so that eliminates the Alarm box.

So it has to be the remote.

I will try to find my back-up remote and see if that helps.

But, if anybody knows what could be the problem, please let me know.

I tried using my other remote, I programmed that and it still doesn't work.

Kiddies, don't buy off-brand Alarms because it is cheap. <_<

dont buy compustar either. almost the same problems but expensive company... random times mine will say their is no signal and if i press the button like 20-30 times it might work. other than that usually the only thing that resets it is unlocking the car with the key while the alarm is on and turning the ignition on and off 5 times and that sets the remote to valet mode. take it out of valet mode and its find for a few weeks. lol usually always messes up at the worst time. leavin a friends house late and get ready to leave after my friends pass out and then have to break into my car... almost always the same situation lol

I dont know if your alarm but if it ever wont let you in your car at all try unlocking it with the key and turning the ignition on and off 5 times to disarm the alarm and it should send it to valet mode. unless you have a set up that has something to disable the starter like me.. still works but if it dosent for some reason wouldnt be able to use my car at all and would have to rip out the entire brane of the alarm system.

good luck, I still havent found a company that will check out my alarm that dosen't want 9 hour job out of it.

Edited by pk222

dont buy compustar either. almost the same problems but expensive company... random times mine will say their is no signal and if i press the button like 20-30 times it might work. other than that usually the only thing that resets it is unlocking the car with the key while the alarm is on and turning the ignition on and off 5 times and that sets the remote to valet mode. take it out of valet mode and its find for a few weeks. lol usually always messes up at the worst time. leavin a friends house late and get ready to leave after my friends pass out and then have to break into my car... almost always the same situation lol

I dont know if your alarm but if it ever wont let you in your car at all try unlocking it with the key and turning the ignition on and off 5 times to disarm the alarm and it should send it to valet mode. unless you have a set up that has something to disable the starter like me.. still works but if it dosent for some reason wouldnt be able to use my car at all and would have to rip out the entire brane of the alarm system.

good luck, I still haven't found a company that will check out my alarm that dosen't want 9 hour job out of it.

I can still get in it but the remote has NO range.

I sat inside my car, held the remote literally 5 inches away from the antennae and it still wouldn't work. <_<

I have to have it within one inch to get it to lock or unlock.

This is fucking ridiculous.

I even went and asked my schools administrator if they had put cell phone blocking devices in the school thinking that somehow my remote got jammed but he laughed and said there was no way they could afford that kind of stuff.

Anyone who specializes in this area, please help, please.

What brand is it?

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Take the antenna off the windshield and let it dangle like a foot down and try it.

Also is there an option to delete at transmitters or something liek that? i'd do that first before i reprogrammed it.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000