Gs101 Posted October 29, 2024 Report Posted October 29, 2024 Hi All Bit of a Novice with Car audio so needed some help, had some bits lying round and wanted to hook up a system into my Mercedes using the factory stereo I’ve got 2 old school alpine type R’s 1022d I’ve also got a Powerbass ALC LOC - (Max Input low level - 9.5v / Max output 13v) The amp which I’m using is a Pioneer GM - D9701 I was going to run this set up at 800w @ 2ohms This is where I needed some help - understanding the gains - if the Pioneer amp runs at 14.4v how do I set the LOC? Or do I have it all wrong? I would be great full for any assistance on this thank you!
Joe X Posted October 31, 2024 Report Posted October 31, 2024 You have it all wrong. Look for a decent car audio installer to help you.
1point21gigawatts Posted November 1, 2024 Report Posted November 1, 2024 Not again, Joe. “How can we help you?” “And don’t forget to tell them that the customer isn’t always right.”
1point21gigawatts Posted November 1, 2024 Report Posted November 1, 2024 Make sure the vehicle is off. Set the loc gain to half. Only hook one speaker to the loc. hook the left speaker output of the loc to the left rear speaker. Use a wiring diagram off google to find out which wire is positive and negative on that factory speaker. Then connect the rca’s to the rca output of the loc and then to your amp. Then connect the remote wire on the loc’s remote output to the amp. Then connect the loc’s ground output to the battery negative post. Then connect the loc’s battery positive output to the battery’s positive post. Turn the amp gain to half. And you are done. “How can we help you?” “And don’t forget to tell them that the customer isn’t always right.”
Gs101 Posted November 5, 2024 Author Report Posted November 5, 2024 Legend! Thank you bud - ive tapped into the rear speakers of the car, polarities are all good i will do the connections this weekend - thank you, much appreciated
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.