Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have 4 M38's on a 2k in a Gately perfect fit box in a 2019 f250. I bought 2 xl spl 10S AND A 3.5K AND THE SAME BOX FOR 2 TENS. I know cone area is king, but what are your thoughts on the tens being louder and playing lower? I put a level 5 12 on a JP 33 in my other truck, and it kills the 4 8s.

20200124_164107_resized.jpg

20200124_163917_resized.jpg

Posted

Looks like you won't be gaining a lot with your new setup, you lose cone area and gain RMS, the result is for sure not a compelling upgrade.

 

As far as getting lower  I would have gone for the  XL Elite instead of the SPL version, and also gately don't give you the box specs.

 

 I would have gone for 4 X8 on say 5K and make sure the box specs are right.

Posted

thats what I was wondering, but they dont make a 10 in xl elite, need to keep my back seat low enough for adult riders, already has a seat lift

Posted

As before, in your situation  I would get 4 sundown audio X8 v.4 and make sure your box tuning is 32-33Hz (I think that box is tuned high) that is the best you can do as far as I know.

 

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 767 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...