Jump to content

Old man 1st build in 20 years


Recommended Posts

Posted

 So after forever I figured to get some bass again. The only difference is I now have a wife and kids and a lot of german shepherds (8). So I had to go with a sub budget build. Here is what i did in my 2020 GMC Acadia Denali:

 1 AB hawk 1544

 1 Stinger MT 2000.1 mono amp

 1/0ga single run

 Kicker keyloc loc

 Q bomb 3.2 ported box, I would have built one but my body is shit now.

 Everything went in good, programmed keyloc right on 3rd try. 1/0 was fun to get through firewall. amp is small but heavy and…..

 When I first turned it on there was barely any sound. All gains were turned to minimum. I turned up the amp gain to about 45% and then maxed the knob and it hit me right in the chest, that amazing punch of bass!! For what I spent it hits hard. My kids are 16 and 17 and they may be the next gen bass heads after sitting in it. I noticed today that turned up I am getting windshield flex and was like oh shit!! If anyone wants pics let me know i will take some and post.

Posted

I find 15" subs a good trade off between box size and output obtained also 2K is a nice amount of power that will not require big electrical upgrades so I am not surprised you are getting good performance from your budget system.

 

Sure some pics would be nice to see, pics are source of inspiration for many people looking for a well put together budget system.

Posted

Doesn't sound too bad, definetely pics/videos esp being posted under "Member builds"!

Question, you say you ran the 1/0 thru the firewall, did GM get smart and decide to not put the battery under the passenger floorboard in the 2nd row?

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 110k miles | Stock

 

1996 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr 4wd | 260k miles | JVC Head-unit

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1106 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...