Ok well, i've been planning on working on my first system for my ranger when i got my new job, well, i got my new job so the money is soon to start coming in and well, i planned on going 12s or 15s Type-Rs since i've heard good reviews on the price and all and for being my first system personally. Well, today my brother in law asked if i wanted to buy his system (excluding highs/mids and H/U~basicly just subs+amp+cap) for 1500$, but idk if it will be worth it. He has 2 12" W6s (whether v2 or not, idk) and amps, i am not sure of. I've heard the system before obviously but it has been a while but from what i remember it was bangin pretty hard even in a trunk car and i also know that they have been babied by him. worth it to go for or no?

what kind of amp(s) or is it not in the buy. Personaly i think i would say no and go witht the type Rs. but thats just me, it might be cheeper.

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

Ok well, i've been planning on working on my first system for my ranger when i got my new job, well, i got my new job so the money is soon to start coming in and well, i planned on going 12s or 15s Type-Rs since i've heard good reviews on the price and all and for being my first system personally. Well, today my brother in law asked if i wanted to buy his system (excluding highs/mids and H/U~basicly just subs+amp+cap) for 1500$, but idk if it will be worth it. He has 2 12" W6s (whether v2 or not, idk) and amps, i am not sure of. I've heard the system before obviously but it has been a while but from what i remember it was bangin pretty hard even in a trunk car and i also know that they have been babied by him. worth it to go for or no?

he should be embraced for trying to rip you off considering your family..just let us know what kind of sound your after sq or spl and the space you have ready for this install and for $1500 we can hook you up with a system that will kill his..

I think it's a little much for used gear. The w6's are only worth around 500 bucks a pair new.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

well i got a 94' Ranger EXT, i got aprox~ 21" High 49" Wide 19" Deep if i want to stay below the window and lose lean back space, but i mean, the subs brand new are what? 300$ or so a piece, but i mean, i know he wants a bit much but thats just because he bought the subs brand new (when the w6s FIRST came out) and paid TOP dollar for everything he has

yeah for real man, 1500 is alot of money and can get a damn good set up. talk to people here, check out installs, ask questions, and most importantly don't do anything brash and execute patience, you'll be happy in the long run.

well i got a 94' Ranger EXT, i got aprox~ 21" High 49" Wide 19" Deep if i want to stay below the window and lose lean back space, but i mean, the subs brand new are what? 300$ or so a piece, but i mean, i know he wants a bit much but thats just because he bought the subs brand new (when the w6s FIRST came out) and paid TOP dollar for everything he has

just cause he paid alot when they came out doesnt mean you have to pay alot when there used bro..

do you just need subs and amps? or you need speakers and head unit has well?

Edited by A&W ROOTBEER