Sick And Fu@!ing Tired

been lookin into getting a deep cycle batt... took a look on kinetics site and they suggested the hc 1400. would i do better just replacing my starting battery or adding the deep cycle as a secondary :unsure:

Assuming that your stock battery is in good condition, it would be better to keep it and add the seccond battery in parralel. That way you would get the capacity of both.

It sounds like your alternator is the problem, BTW. You can check it yourself. Just charge the battery with a battery charger for a few hours, then let it sit for a few hours to settle out. Take a meter and measure the battery voltage, it should be arround 12.8 volts. Then start the vehicle, and measure the voltage on the charge post of the alternator, the voltage should be 13.8 14.5 with the engine running and no electrical loads. If the voltage does not come up when you start the car, the alternator is not charging.

Assuming that your stock battery is in good condition, it would be better to keep it and add the seccond battery in parralel. That way you would get the capacity of both.

It sounds like your alternator is the problem, BTW. You can check it yourself. Just charge the battery with a battery charger for a few hours, then let it sit for a few hours to settle out. Take a meter and measure the battery voltage, it should be arround 12.8 volts. Then start the vehicle, and measure the voltage on the charge post of the alternator, the voltage should be 13.8 14.5 with the engine running and no electrical loads. If the voltage does not come up when you start the car, the alternator is not charging.

ok... i went to autozone and they said that the alt is fine and the batt charge was a little low. so they charged the batt up until it sat at 12.6. but we tested it with a dmm with the system at full blast and sure enough the batt voltage started to drop and didnt stop until we turned the system off...

so now i should be getting a HO alternator in a couple of weeks. but i still want to get a bigger batt... anyone know what type i should get?

not really lookin to break the bank. this is just a daily driver, i dont do comps or anything like that. like i said before, i took a look at kinetic but it was a little to high for my taste. heard of powermaster and deka but i didnt know how to determine which one of there batteries i would need for my set up...

this is for the starting battery on the car if that helps at all

thanks peeps B)

Check the stupid stuff first.

I installed my MLA module and forgot to plug back in the sensor plug to the ALT and I did a 10 Mile round trip knocking full force the whole time.

Got home and went to park it and it kept stalling so I pop the hood and measure Voltage and its sitting at 11.9v. :o

I called Chris of MLA and I just happened to see the unplugged sensor and plugged it back in, and problem was solved.

dont know if this is good or bad... but my voltage at idle is 13.86 with nothing on... no headlights, no interior lights, no radio. <_< any suggestions

If it's a Chevy they tend to have a low voltage at idle when they are first started.

They usually get up around 14.1 after a minute or two.