(18) 18's (insert Brand Here)

do a search for the ray rayfield's "ear candy" van. Similar concept, except on a larger scale. 144 12"s. [yes], 12 rows of 12 subs...one hundred and forty fucking four of them. modded amps to run at 120volts. had major phasing issues....dialed it all in through some time alignment.

[yes], clamshells and other similar configurations do have cancellation issues because of this. cancellation issues do occur even if the wave is not 180* from eachother.

i'll admit, that's why i was skeptic about the hoopty when i saw it under construction, but that turned out just fine. but then again, imagine what that thing could do if you got all 8 18"s on the same plane........

funk-o-meter.gifteamBNSpl.jpgfunk-o-meter.gif

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((in stereo)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

team audio thugz uuUhhHhhHhh. straight ghanxstuh since 2007.

do a search for the ray rayfield's "ear candy" van. Similar concept, except on a larger scale. 144 12"s. [yes], 12 rows of 12 subs...one hundred and forty fucking four of them. modded amps to run at 120volts. had major phasing issues....dialed it all in through some time alignment.

[yes], clamshells and other similar configurations do have cancellation issues because of this. cancellation issues do occur even if the wave is not 180* from eachother.

i'll admit, that's why i was skeptic about the hoopty when i saw it under construction, but that turned out just fine. but then again, imagine what that thing could do if you got all 8 18"s on the same plane........

Did a search and could not find it.

I did a little bit of reading about phase cancellation,http://www.recordingeq.com/EQ/req1001/mmi.htm, and this is what I came up with. In any vehicle there is going to be some cancellation, wether it is bouncing off the side walls or off the front windshield and going back to the subs. I understand that the system could possibly be a one note wonder, being the woofer walls are placed 3x the placement of the front woofer, which would mean a very long van, but that would mean that the measurements would hae to be from exacly where the spl mic would be placed. As well as sound coming from the walls of the vehicle possibly cancelling out. Which explains that vehicles sound louder when the doors are open because then travelling sound waves would not be able to cancel out as easily.

Bass Music Producer • Photographer • Graphic Designer

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

Acutally when I think about it, the first row would have to be phased with the output of the second row and the last combined. So, it's basically like this, the second and the last row would be phased together, and then the port output of those would be phased with the front row, so you could actually have this setup working well.

Bass Music Producer • Photographer • Graphic Designer

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

Acutally when I think about it, the first row would have to be phased with the output of the second row and the last combined. So, it's basically like this, the second and the last row would be phased together, and then the port output of those would be phased with the front row, so you could actually have this setup working well.

Yes. For 1 note.

Change the frequency by 1hz, suddenly all the elaborate phasing is wrong, epic cancellation.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!