(18) 18's (insert Brand Here)

Okay from the top, just a concept. Go big or go home!

Passenger van with side doors on both sides of vehicle. Rear spare tire area is cut-out for an amp rack (T15K) that would sit partially below the floor like slices of bread. The side doors are for access to the bolted door to the middle subs. Back wave of woofers is channeled accordingly above the walls of the middle and front woofers. The front woofers are mounted backwards. The back wave port is tuned accordingly. The front wave of the woofers is channeled towards the rear of the vehicle. Thoughts, opinions???

1818.jpg

Bass Music Producer • Photographer • Graphic Designer

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

Also, for easier access this could be done for 15's and on its side so that when you open a door you are in the middle of the port. With all doors open you could boomin from the front, back, and the sides.

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

ummm..... jesus christ

thats a bomb on wheels

so theres 3 18's across?

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

I don't see the point in separating the front and rear waves... you're meant to constructively combine them to get the loudest...

I think with the wave lengths you would be playing in this design you would need some funky ass phasing (ie couldn't play music, 1 tone wonder) to prevent ENORMOUS cancellation simply because putting subs at the same phase on different points along the box is going to result in some weirdness.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

So you are saying that even though we are dealing with the back wave frequencies going towards the front, that due to their placement in the vehicle, they can still cancel out and not increase in db. Hmm... that's interesting....

Then that means that in theory, clamshells or any complex configurations that has subs closer to the front as well as some placed in the back of a setup are somewhat canceling each other out because they are not on the same axis, even when they are playing the same notes.

I've always understood that for waves to cancel out, the front wave has to say begin with an upwards motion and then fall, one frequency, and then the same wave would be flipped vertically so that it begins with a downward motion and then rise at the same frequency.

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

I don't see the point in separating the front and rear waves... you're meant to constructively combine them to get the loudest...

I think with the wave lengths you would be playing in this design you would need some funky ass phasing (ie couldn't play music, 1 tone wonder) to prevent ENORMOUS cancellation simply because putting subs at the same phase on different points along the box is going to result in some weirdness.

AGREE. Really bad cancelation and phaseing. I would wall just 4 18"s or clamshell wall maybe more, do a Chicken, Hoopty/Steve Mick box. Or if its for spl possibly a bandpass