Second Skin Audio

Two 15's On Their Way Wonderings What To Do.

Hey guys I am really new here this is my first post, I have one Mach5 15" that I had sealed. I got another one in the mail and I plan to go ported this time I was wondering what should I run for a tune and what size box do I need? my trunk is below average size and the holes are even smaller to get it in there, 13" high about 24"wide and then I can do 4 feet long. is that enough to get a good tune? I am powering them at 1 OHM w/ a Cadence TXA1000D. Also what kind of DB's will I be producing? Is it worth it to try to take it to a comp?

2 MAW15's

Cadence 1000D

Infinity Reference 6022's

Blankput Tweeters and Infinity 4x6's with tweeters

Powered by a US Acoustic USB4085

1 Rockford 1Farad Caps and a 200 amp ALT

just curious, what kind of car has that opening?

Do you want more SPL [koudness] or SQ[musical sounding]?

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

I want a mix I suppose, its a 98 Grand AM the seats dont fold down, and the opening from the cabin to the trunk is shitty. REALLY shitty

2 MAW15's

Cadence 1000D

dont compete imo , you dont really have alot of amp0 for the subs and with your trunk setup it will be very hard to get loud. your going to need between 6 and 8 cubes of area to make it work.

See I know that the trunk will have that much if I build it one peice at a time which I did not want to do but I will have to I will go get the full measurements now.

I would compete just to compete not to win

2 MAW15's

Cadence 1000D

Its fun to mess around with though i have the same problem just worse my car is a 03 pontiac mine has ALOT more shit in that back seat than your 98 hehe and i still hit a 140 sealed..but i am building a new enclosure and im going to port it through the rear deck i think it might be a little louder than porting it towards the trunk.

I wanted a good entry level system...Kenwood KVT-512 7 inch touch screen.Went with alpine... 2 Type R 15's @ 4ohms powered by 2 MRP-M1000 amps, dual 2 farad caps, Type R 6x9's and 5x1/4's, Optima battery and HO Alt soon to come. All in the back off my 03 Pontilac bonneville. Simple but effective.

Don't get me wrong I want to win, but I do know that for now my setup is the best, at the end of the summer after I am done my summer jobs I should have enough money to get 2 really good 15's

2 MAW15's

Cadence 1000D