Celica Build - Soundstream/alphasonik

alright FINALLY got my files from my old PC to my new one (most of them), so i can start a build thread. he drives a...i forget which year celica. it's newer tho. for equipment he's going to have 2 10" soundstream T4 subs, powered by a 2 channel alphasonic amp. each one will be wired @ 2 ohms, giving each sub 800 watts RMS (only gonna tune it to around 500 each till he gets a new alt). no pics yet :D :D

my friend is a lil weird about things matching, and he didnt like the blue spiders on there. so i said fine i'll paint em. so i taped em off, and cut the spider out like so:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

now...from the pics they may look good. but...up close, around some of the legs, you could see it start to peel and chip. which did not make me happy. so i told him to ditch the red and went straight black

Posted Image

Posted Image

i think it looks much better anyways :)

here's the basic amp rack, with a lil hole for ventilation. it has a fan on the bottom

Posted Image

trim of the amp rack that the fleece will attach to

Posted Image

says 2 hours played...kinda like mileage :unsure:

Posted Image

now...the panel i'm going to make i wanted to be removable easily without having to remove everything. so...i needed to make some rings (which you can see in the last two pics of the subs when they're painted black). and i didnt want them to move, so what i did was drill a hole through the ring and into the box, and put a pair of dowels in each ring to keep them in place so they dont move around during the glassing process

Posted Image

then they slide right into place

Posted Image

that amp is sexy as hell

and i love those subs all blacked out

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

the plexi that covers it was cracked when it arrived. might've been shipped like that...but knowing UPS it happened during shipping. it's all good tho, we just took it off. he doesnt mind at all

Archived