Second Skin Audio

isobaric

Well, that is a bandpass, so the charicteristics are wierd. I personally heard that box, and it plays plenty low, its far from a spl box- well, it can be, (Design is based around 1995 alot has changed) but is based more on BoooOOoom, than BAMM BAMM BAMM.. hehe  BTW, I have about 150 SS pictures/designs

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

They are not supposed to, you are supposed to mount them on either side of the wood, or use a wood ring between them

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

right but with the x-max some woofers have id think they are bound to hit unless you use some thick ass wood or 2 pieces

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

That's reason you wire them out of sync (out of phase), isobaric is more push pull than a normal bandpass, which just uses the compression of the sealed chamber as the note the subs produce. That way when one is goiing back the other is going forward and Vica Vesa, I'd recommend using a baffle for each sub which should give you 2 1/4 inches between ring to ring.

I have this dream of this underground culture in mind, coming to life through the Audio that I build, Deep Perfection.YUKON'S SITEhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2397609

Yeap, push pull... That is why they use such small boxes. They use the other speaker's motor strength to help the other cone get more xmax from a small box, because of the other speaker is in a larger box, it moves a lil more freely, if that makes sense. They basically just help eachother out. They usually play a more of a rumble type bass, as apposed to punchy. That Box design, I think Iam going to make/ modify the port to work with SS Exact subwoofers. Should be tuned  lower..... 4-12s in a 20"x31"x14.5" box, that should be sweet  ;-)

but will actually go up to 39" wide  gain middle box airspace for lower tunning..... Lets see what BassBox6.0 says

sundown.jpg