Dayton Audio Subwoofer Clicking And Poping, Any Ideas?

for my families home theater system i used a dayton subwoofer system. well shorty after we got it there was a problem with the amplifier, it would constantly hum and wouldnt turn off when on auto like its supposed to. well they sent us a new amplifier for free (parts express has excellent costumer service!) and it worked good. well every once and a while the subwoofer would pop, gain and crossover are set low to try and help stop this but it always does it. it has been doing to more and mroe lately. i watched The Eye yesterday and i had to turn the subwoofer off it was so annoying. any ideas would help, do you think the last amplifier blew the sub or something?

thanks

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

check if the remote ON switch is turned ON

If so, if there is a few minutes of no bass (depending on delays) it will just POP back up to life

I know them amps pretty good, if your watching a movie, turn that switch ON, not to Remote

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

alright so im pritty sure the sub is blown. and my mom is pissed and said she doesnt care how much money she has to spend she wants a good sub. Soooo im happy =). but im not all that experienced with home audio speakers, idk good brands and what not. so what subwoofer would you guys recomend? the dayton amp puts out 100wrms at 4ohm so that is the only limit that there is. any recommendations? thanks guys

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

alright so im pritty sure the sub is blown. and my mom is pissed and said she doesnt care how much money she has to spend she wants a good sub. Soooo im happy =). but im not all that experienced with home audio speakers, idk good brands and what not. so what subwoofer would you guys recomend? the dayton amp puts out 100wrms at 4ohm so that is the only limit that there is. any recommendations? thanks guys

idk about buying just the sub, but psb, jamo, definitive all make some awseome sounding subs.

weve got a definitive 15 that pounds, gets low as shit too.

and we have 2 psb sub series 1's that are little 8's, and they are the smoothest sounding little subs, and they get low as hell too.

jamo makes some good sounding subs, we had a jamo 200 for a little while.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

Since you have a 250w amp, just stick with Dayton, do the Titanic 15, in a 20hz tuned box

Those subs were meant to be tuned and pounded at low freqs

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

its only a 200 watt amp, and no i havnt looked at the sub just because im to lazy and if i can get something better and not have to deal with it it works lol. like i said its my dads theater room and my mom doesnt care how much money she spends on a new one. if it had more power i would get a shiva 12" but that is out of the question. also my dad wants to keep the same box since it looks nice, im not sure of the tunning frequency of it. i was thinking of getting the titanics but wanted to know what other brands are out there.

quicksilver if you could would you post some links? thanks everyone

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

sence money isnt an option why not get the dayton tytanic series how sub setup, comes with a 15 and a 1000w amp for like $500 i think

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Archived