Okay, i believe that he should've at least known the difference between DVC and CVC..That has to be on the MECP test somewhere lol..But yes, a lot of them are knowledgeable in their job. Also, if they break something, they sure as hell have the money to fix it as big of a company as they are...While the instals may not look completely professional, it works. The majority of the people they install for are rich kiddies that have mommy and daddy buy them a new system...

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

We are all right and we are all wrong, sometimes you get good installers and most of the time you get the retarts, I applied to bestbuy and honestly if you would have told me I would have said "really I didnt know that I am still slowly learning serious car audio" but for him with his best buy diplomia saying he know more is stupid.

Some are good some are bad but most are assholes.

2 MAW15's

Cadence 1000D

Infinity Reference 6022's

Blankput Tweeters and Infinity 4x6's with tweeters

Powered by a US Acoustic USB4085

1 Rockford 1Farad Caps and a 200 amp ALT

I work in the car audio department in Best Buy, and I don't think I am a shit for brains, or someone with little to no knowledge. What you have to remember about Best Buy, or Circuit City is that they aren't meant for serious car audio enthusiasts, but rather for the average joe who just wants to change out what came with his car/what he currently has. Before you lump all of us Best Buy employee's into the useles category, seriously consider where you are. You are in an electronics store that also happens to sell car audio equipment, not a true car stereo shop.

You're right. There are some smart cats in there. I just hate it when I (an average guy) walks into a car audio store and the person working there knows less than me. I just feel that if you're working on a certain job you need to learn damn near everything about it. Might not know every brand but at least know the difference between a DVC and SVC sub.

Member since 25 Jun 2006

2011 Yukon DenaliCustomLightz 4300K HID RetrofitEsky TailsEsky Third BrakeEsky 22sEsky Appliques

You're right. There are some smart cats in there. I just hate it when I (an average guy) walks into a car audio store and the person working there knows less than me. I just feel that if you're working on a certain job you need to learn damn near everything about it. Might not know every brand but at least know the difference between a DVC and SVC sub.

Technically we (every best buy Car audio employee) has to go through computer learnings that should teach even the biggest car audio retards the difference between a DVC sub and a SVC. Evidently the person the OP was talking to did not do his learnings, and thus looks ignorant. Everyone who works @ best buy has the chance to learn pretty much anything they want to know about car audio...you just have to do the training.

i go there just for a good laugh, they are completely useless and stupid

You're not the only one. I constantly have kids coming in trying to "stump" me by asking stupid ass questions about the products we sell, and naturally they are really easy to answer since we only sell basic equipment. It kind of makes me feel better about myself, cause some of the kids actually end up coming back later on asking genuine questions, and I end up selling them stuff and I end up looking better to my managers.

Edited by 01xtreme

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

is it all Best Buy's or just the one here, ours doesn't sell amplifiers rated over 1000 watts. ive never bought anything from them besides cd's and a couple computer things. but yeah I have never seen anything 1000 watts or more.

my whole point to this was that the guy was not even open to the fact he could be wrong. He basically implied that if they didn't carry it, alpine doesn't make it. Naive to say the least. I have access to a best buy card, and was considering using it because I am impatient. I wanted to get my system back running on two subs instead of one. But whatever. I spend alot of money in there on other things like most you, my 50" inch LCD, DVD players, gobs of movies, computer stuff, etc, etc, so I don't mind doing business there, but with what I was told and the way the looked at me, I will continue to stay out of the car audio section.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

is it all Best Buy's or just the one here, ours doesn't sell amplifiers rated over 1000 watts. ive never bought anything from them besides cd's and a couple computer things. but yeah I have never seen anything 1000 watts or more.

We dont carry amps over 1000 watts, and we dont sell subs bigger than 12"...I dunno why.

its always fun to go turn on the stereos/subs displays then walk off and keep doing it over and over :D

Our wall automatically turns itself down after 30 sec. The "boom room" doesn't do that though, so there is always someone in there cranking them up and walking off...I personally think it is funny, I just wish we could get some new CD's in there. Im tired of hearing the same 19 songs all day every day.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

We dont carry amps over 1000 watts, and we dont sell subs bigger than 12"...I dunno why.

Lack of liability for customers vehicles. A 1000 watt set up is less likely to strain a stock charging system, where as if you guys were tossing in a 4000 RF amp, and the customer kills his alternator and battery, best buy could be held liable... it is a theory of keep it simple for the masses.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

lmao!!!!!

Yep some guy was trying to talk to me when i was in there looking... and i just blew him off didnt even want to start talking to him. Hes like can i help you...Nope im just looking man....alright....well you looking to get a system...in my mind i was going to say yes i have one that beats the pants off all the bulshit u guys sell here...than i decided with choice 2..to say No man im just looking....Do not want to argue with some punk ass best buy rep.

They'll tell u every lie in the book just to sell you their shit...its like communism.

".......Cut spending to only the bare essentials, water and bread...and margaritas...Yaay "-Mr. Marsh

95 camry:

JVC Deck

15" Fi Q in a fail prefab box

US-Amps Merlin Md2d

"Doin' that Work