So I went to best buy monday afternoon to get the movie "Teeth" and was wandering around in the car audio department and noticed that they had a couple of type -R subs in a prefab box..... Looking around at the inventory stored above the shelves I saw various boxes that was stock of RF subs, alpine type -E, various kenwood and alpine and RF coaxial speakers and alot of head units... Couldn't find any body to talk too to ask a simple question. We went back there today with a friend of mine so he could pick up a TV stand for his 50 inch LCD t.v. that closely matches the rest of his furnishings. I went back over to the car audio section and there was a employee wandering around. I said " hey man, do you guys carry the alpine type -R 12" dual 2 ohm subs ? " He looked at me kinda blank like and I said " I saw the dual 4 ohms on the website , but I wanted to see if you had the dual two 's in store " He , still looking lost for words spits out this crap " I ... ahhh... Alpine doesn't make dual 2 ohm woofers, only dual four's in type-R. I have never seen any, and if the BestBuy website doesn't show it, then Alpine doesn't make it " Followed by this " Why would you want dual 2 ohm woofers anyway, all alpine amps put out the rated power at 1 ohm, and you can't get to one ohm with a dual two ohm sub. "

I sorta stood there and said " They make the dual two ohm sub, it's model number is the SWR-122D , and I have two of them in my truck. " He says, no you have dual 4's. Alpine doesn't make type-Rs in a dual 2 ohm configuration. " I said " yeah alright, thanks man. " and walked away....

Point of all this. I smoked out one of my woofers a week or so ago. So bad that not only did I smell it, I worked the winding loose so bad it was actually rattling inside the motor. I went on and figured since it was toast I pulled the cone out the basket and the wire was nice and black, and of course came unravelled the rest of the way as I seperated the cone and coil from inside the motor. I can easily find a new sub online for around a hundred bucks, but I figured I would just check best buy and see what kinda price they have on em. I have since found on ebay that I can get a pair of them for just under 200 plus shipping, figure I will go on and replace them both , and since I discovered this I will just get the new set next week when I get paid. And the comment he made about alpine amps putting out peak power at 1 ohm, I didn't even get into it with him, I am pretty sure all alpine mono amps are 2 ohm for peak RMS, well at least mine is. I am pretty sure one or two of them puts out at 1 ohm but I hadn't even looked to see if I am right or wrong, cause I only have the amp I own to worry about. My other woofer is still good, so I do have bass, and my blown sub was re-assembled and stuck back in the box without power just to fill the hole for now.

Best buy. The house of knowledge.:)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

rofl, yeah the dumbasses wouldnt hire me. ive been in there and it is hard to find someone who knows what they are talking about. you should have asked them if they have ever heard of fi or re lol

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

its nice to know people who work there if you need some parts (not talking about subs, amp or what not.. just little stuff).. =D

Hustle hard, Stack paper,

It's alright, ya'll haters,

It's nothing, We major,

You see me, Hi Hater! =)

~ Manio

John, next time you go to best buy and are wondering in the CA department, ask to speak to Brandon. if he isnt there then dont bother with any of the rest of the dumbasses there.

brandon is a friend of mine and a friend. worked at a place called soputhern sound in statesboro and he actually knows what he's talking about ;)

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

i go there just for a good laugh, they are completely useless and stupid

Um no your wrong, most might be useless to people that have been around the car audio world a few yrs but too the average joe they know alot, hell they "knew enough" to sell you your old equipment.

hell I know a dude that works at BB near arden fair that would School you like there is no tomorrow, so just remember not everyone at bestbuy is stupid or worthless.

Um no your wrong, most might be useless to people that have been around the car audio world a few yrs but too the average joe they know alot, hell they "knew enough" to sell you your old equipment.

hell I know a dude that works at BB near arden fair that would School you like there is no tomorrow, so just remember not everyone at bestbuy is stupid or worthless.

ive been to three different ones, and all have had no idea what they were talking about

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

you should have locked this thread after you posted this. there have been at least 50 posts about BB and CC people since i have been a member. enough is enough already.

----reference's----

meade916