DC Sound Lab

Well currently I have 2 DC sound lvl 4 15"s. I also have 2 blown *** trash 15"s at my house. Is it possible I could get my *** trash 15"s motor and basket to be reconed into a lvl4 15" through DC sounds? Here the specs of the trash

# 3” wide, 4 layer, copper voice coil

# Push terminals

# Pulp Fiber Cone

# Dual stiff progressive spiders

# FEA optimized motor structure

# 3" Anodized aluminum former

# Heavy Duty Lead wires

# Design and hand crafted in USA

# Fs 26.4

# Qms 6.01

# Qes .48

# Qts .45

# Mms 262

# Sd 810 cm^2

# Vas 127.8 l

# Bl 16.4

# Spl 88.7 1W/1m

# Xmax 20.5mm

# Wattage: 1000RMS

# Displacement: 0.19cuft

100_3397.jpg

So basically is it possible to recone those to DC sound level4's?

Team Sundown

3 15" Sundown Nightshades

1 RD HW D9 amp

10.5 cubes tuned 30hz

i think its possible as long as the voice coil is the same rusty said. dc represent

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

i wouldnt do it, either recone the icons as trash and sell them or fine someone to buy the blown icons

YA thats what I been trying to do the last 2 months. Nobody is buying them. So I was gonna try and make use out of them.

Team Sundown

3 15" Sundown Nightshades

1 RD HW D9 amp

10.5 cubes tuned 30hz

you can find any company that sells recone parts, but the trick is, YOU HAVE TO KNOW THE POLE PIECE OD" and Top plate ID, a voice coil has to be able to be centered between the top plate and pole piece with a minimum of 0.010" up to 0.040" for any type of optimum performance/high bl standards.... Those shim thicknesses should be able to go on the outside, and inside of the voice coil....

Cone and spider should work, either frame is compareable in spider and cone height from the motor top plate....

Just a few things to think about when attempting to recone a speaker to aftermarker parts

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.