More Batteries? Or Cap?

Well what kinda car is the most important question?

A single 300 amp alt once HOT will lower its output because of internal heat. You should only count on 200amps at max for your output in most single alt cases due to heat (internally controlled), and the rest of your cars components. If you want 2 -4000D's and 2- 4ch amps you are looking @ well over ANY single alt /battery or ies limits. One 300amp alt and 4 big batteries might keep up for a little bit, but you will need to keep a close eye on your voltage. If the voltage drops quick then you do not have enough storage and your alt wont be able to keep up. 2-4000d and 2 -4ch amps will pull well over any alts output compacity. One alt on 4 batteries with that much draw will have a hard time keeping up. Check on the idle output if you will play at shows/demo alot most 300amp alts have a low idle output. Hope some of this helps ,good luck

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

Well what kinda car is the most important question?

A single 300 amp alt once HOT will lower its output because of internal heat. You should only count on 200amps at max for your output in most single alt cases due to heat (internally controlled), and the rest of your cars components. If you want 2 -4000D's and 2- 4ch amps you are looking @ well over ANY single alt /battery or ies limits. One 300amp alt and 4 big batteries might keep up for a little bit, but you will need to keep a close eye on your voltage. If the voltage drops quick then you do not have enough storage and your alt wont be able to keep up. 2-4000d and 2 -4ch amps will pull well over any alts output compacity. One alt on 4 batteries with that much draw will have a hard time keeping up. Check on the idle output if you will play at shows/demo alot most 300amp alts have a low idle output. Hope some of this helps ,good luck

MLA

hey thanks. ok then well its one of the iraggi alts and it says it idles at 135. so then should i try to get 2 300s then??

also thanks everyone for the input and help

2004 F150 super crew

15" fi btl

Ma Audio hk4000d

i'd do a 220 and a 300, that way you get some good idle power

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

i'd do a 220 and a 300, that way you get some good idle power

ok the 300 says its 135 idle

and there is a 240 that is 165 idle

is that high enough? so considering the heat issue that missinglink brought up i could count on probably 340 amps driving and then 300 idle? would that be enough? the battery thing also are the yellowtops ok? or is it worth it to shell out the extra hundred for powermaster?

2004 F150 super crew

15" fi btl

Ma Audio hk4000d

ok the 300 says its 135 idle

and there is a 240 that is 165 idle

is that high enough? so considering the heat issue that missinglink brought up i could count on probably 340 amps driving and then 300 idle? would that be enough? the battery thing also are the yellowtops ok? or is it worth it to shell out the extra hundred for powermaster?

Keep the yellowtop as a starting battery and just get some d3100 for the rear.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

ok. 2? each one hooked to a 4 channel and hk4000d?

You would just run all your batteries together in parallel. (conect all the positive terminals together, then connect all the negative terminals to ground)

I would start with one D3100 in the back and see how it does. That's an 80lb battery, the stoutest single battery we've ever tested. (that's why we don't sell optima anymore) I'd start with one and see how it does, you can always add more later.

2004 f150.....there isnt much room under the hood. so id just put it underneath the backseat

You could always mount it under the cab or the bed, there's lots of room under there. That way it isn't taking up space inside the vehicle.