Second Skin Audio

Anyone whos used Alpine Type X's, i need your thoughts

a guy i know is selling a pair of 10's for 250$... well i believe its a pair, im waiting for him to call me back. im going to have him play them b4 i buy them. but i had 2 12" Type R's[stolen along with my car last week], how will the 10" Type Xs stand up? i know they take more power, but there smaller... from what ive heard they should walk all over the R's if given the right amount of power.

so i want yalls opinions, i can get 2 Type R 12"s for 230$ new, but i think as long as the Xs havent been abused to much that would be the better deal, but you all are the experts, so gimme your opinions.

Thanks!

2005 Grand PrixSource: StockFronts: Stock 6.5 ComponentsRears: Stock 6x9Subwoofer: FI BTL 12" Fully optionedSubwoofer amplifier: Kenwood KAC-7203 bridged @ 4ΩEnclosure: 3.41cuft tuned to 33hz

Guest MegaloManiac

Type X is the SQ sub form Alpine, i heard a single 12 off 1000watts ..rms of course

Lets just say the guy placed 2nd with his SQ setup

"2nd place blake 157 out of 175"

http://www.tbp.20m.com/custom3.html

goofy blake

2253911600081357071oNAuzU_th.jpg

edit: just to clarify the "157 out 175" is not decibal numbers ,if u didnt know. They are points on the SQ judging.

so.... they sound better and with enough power they should be louder...

i know the Type R are underrated, i was running a KiloWatt to each of them... how much will the Type X's take?

2005 Grand PrixSource: StockFronts: Stock 6.5 ComponentsRears: Stock 6x9Subwoofer: FI BTL 12" Fully optionedSubwoofer amplifier: Kenwood KAC-7203 bridged @ 4ΩEnclosure: 3.41cuft tuned to 33hz

they'll take alot too.... i've seen 2000+ rms...

X+ sq they won't get as loud as the R's from what i've heard

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

Guest MegaloManiac

blakes little friend got some tig ole bitties

not really his friend. Local "show girl" here in DFW,TX. She does have bigomilkers. Blade came form Louisinana to Justins(jntar) to build an amp rack for his eclipse, he ended up goin to the show and competed.

btw Blake is "AlpineInstaller" on ca.com...u cant miss him he has the biggest avator over there.lol

The Type X is  great SQ wise, the output was decent, but if you're a basshead then i can say its not enough.

hurm... so the TYpe Rs are louder..?

that kinda... odd....

but if the dude is selling both for 250 im jumping on that shit, i can always resell them and get some Type Rs...

or a bigger alt + bats and give em 2KW a piece....

yah dude get em. i heard One of those tens and it was pretty damn impressive.

Gota have my rear view shakin and my seats vibratin'.

(2) 12" Diamond D3

(1) DEI Directed Audio 2400D

(1) Kicker L5 15"

(1) Rockford Fosgate P5002

(2) 12" Fosgate P2's

(2) 15" Fosgate P2

^^Not all hooked up at once, i rotate. Its all i got.^^

I got to give it to alpine for the loudness and ssq they have. i once had two RF HE2 12s going up against my buddy with two R-type 12s and i beat him because i had a ported box and was pushing a lil bit more juice than him. but they sounded okay but they didn't drop as low on the bass.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

the Type Rs got loud off of about 500W[amp was 850WRMS, but the alt and what not were on there way out] and they hit 120DBs in a shitty box... i JUST finished the 4.5CUFT[after displacemnt] box, tuned to 37HZ. swapped them into it last friday, whent to work saturday. stolen, the entire car.. so... YA... new subs are in order, along with lo jack and a viper alarm.

im gonna get the type Xs it looks like, no i just need to make sure its for 2, so i can get the materials for a box, if its only 1 im still getting it, cuz its still a great deal... but i need to know so i can make my home depot run.

thanks for the help, now on to the Tline thread to see about a Tline box for them.